I want an auto siphon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid almost twice as much for mine and I would do it again and again and again, I am going to throw out all my old racking canes soon.

I am a big fan too. After getting a kit as a gift, the first thing I bought was an auto-siphon. Haven't found much use with the siphon i got as part of the kit.

I used to turn my nose up at them because i didn't want to buy one. After I did, I won't ever go back. Not having to stick your mouth to the end of the hose isn't the only thing that makes them nice.

they're easier to clean because you can leave the hose on and pump water through them. And if you accidently let your siphon stop, all you have to do is give it another pump.

That is the one to get! I had the smaller version but it took forever to rack. I recently bought the 1/2" version and gave my old one away to a new brewer. I would get the 7/16" ID tubing though. The 1/2" ID tubing doesn't make a very good seal in my experience.

I accidentally/stupidly boiled (and melted) my old plastic racking cane about a year ago (don't ask).

I promptly went out and bought the device you are showcasing, and have never looked back.

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
Not having to stick your mouth to the end of the hose isn't the only thing that makes them nice.QUOTE]

I was paranoid about bacteria from my mouth getting on the rubber hose from doing that so I gargled with a shot of vodka first:)

cnbudz said:
I was paranoid about bacteria from my mouth getting on the rubber hose from doing that so I gargled with a shot of vodka first:)

LOL, yeah I go a step further and drink a fifth of it... just to be safe ;)

cnbudz said:
I just racked my first batch to secondary and now I see why so many people here say to use an auto siphon:D So, I went to morebeer and ordered this one,

http://morebeer.com/product.html?product_id=6355

I wanted the cheaper one but it's on backorder. Anyone ever use this one?

I've reconfigured my system for pumping and gravity feed. I think I still have my auto siphon laying around. PM me with your address and I'll send you mine at no charge.

cnbudz said:
God Emporer BillyBrew said:
Not having to stick your mouth to the end of the hose isn't the only thing that makes them nice.QUOTE]

When I first saw that sentence in quotes, I expected a much different comment.

erbiumyag said:
I've reconfigured my system for pumping and gravity feed. I think I still have my auto siphon laying around. PM me with your address and I'll send you mine at no charge.

Thanks for the offer, but I ended up ordering the more expensive one from morebeer, and a few other things that I suddenly realized I needed bottle tree, bottle sanitizer sprayer, fermometer, and the list goes on....

Back