First time use for a duda plate chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunde77

Reaction score
Hello I just recently bought a plate chiller. I was wondering if there was anything special I need to do to get any oil off of this guy. I did boil him for 15 minutes the other day. It has never been used. Any thoughts?

I recently used my new duda plate chiller for the first time. Before brewday, I ran several gallons of hot oxyclean through the chiller and plenty of clean water to rinse. The sticker on top was removed so I could place the entire unit in the oven to dry/sanitize. Worked better than expected on brewday: 60 gal cooled in 30 min.

B3-23A Long 40 Plate Wort Chiller Beer Brewing Heat Exchanger 12.4" x 2.9"

$(KGrHqFHJBEE8+i(NON+BPS(iu3Rg!~~60_57.JPG

Hello I just recently bought a plate chiller. I was wondering if there was anything special I need to do to get any oil off of this guy. I did boil him for 15 minutes the other day. It has never been used. Any thoughts?

i have a duda plate chiller and don't remember it being oily when i got it, in fact i sanitized it with hot wort and made a great beer.

brewpal said:
I recently used my new duda plate chiller for the first time. Before brewday, I ran several gallons of hot oxyclean through the chiller and plenty of clean water to rinse. The sticker on top was removed so I could place the entire unit in the oven to dry/sanitize. Worked better than expected on brewday: 60 gal cooled in 30 min.

B3-23A Long 40 Plate Wort Chiller Beer Brewing Heat Exchanger 12.4" x 2.9"

How fast we're you pumping your wort through it? Did you have to throttle the flow back for it to cool? We just got the same chiller, but a 60 a don't know what to expect yet.

I also didn't worry about oil on the inside. Being it's soldered/brazed, my guess is they didn't want ANY oil inside to make a good joint.

same here.. ran some idophor through it for a bit and it was good.. when completed i do like to rinse it from both sides for a couple min as well to be sure to get any residual stuff out

Back