Pliny the Elder - Currently in stock at...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelperMunkee

Reaction score
I live in Mass, and as such I cannot ship beer to myself, however that's what my NY friends are for...anyway.

Morewines.com

That site seems to have a good supply of Pliny in stock, although, I have received it yet so I can't comment on the freshness (although frankly, I doubt ol' Pliny could suffer from age). It claims to have shipped already though (3 hours later). They had a nice overall selection, no Bell's though :(

I bought a few for holiday gifts, and a couple for me :drunk:

I looked all day for a place with it in stock, so if anyone else is looking...

Drop any names of good online stores you guys know of, all the threads about this are pretty aged and a lot of the links are dead.

Cheers!

Well that's Gonna piss the wife off. $80 for 9 beers.

Didnt know you could order beer online. Thanks for showing the good find.

Shipping was a little high.

Same... i hesitated for a few minutes, but when have I ever balked at dropping cash for good beer. Especially ones I've never tried.

Pliny, Union Jack, Racer 5 and West Coast IPA !

Yeah should have mentioned shipping expensive. But I too never don't buy beer because of price.

And yeah. Texas is also illegal. Never thought Mass and TX would have something in common.

I also grabbed some of New Belg's new IPA, Ranger.

My local supermarket carries ranger and after reading the hop lineup i happily took a sixer to the register. To my dismay i forgot my id and got carded. :( im 30a and have bought booze there a hundred times before. Glad to here its good. Ill head back friday

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for that post. I've been dying to try pliny but they don't ship it to Illinois. You would think Chicago would get it but we don't. I can't thank you enough. I hope its as good as I've been hearing.

The nice thing, I hope, is that they are shipping from CA, so I hope that means they are fairly fresh. Plus, this time of year is a perfect time to ship beer temperature wise, IMO.

Many thanks to the OP. I've got 6 Pliny, 2 Salvation, and 2 Avery Collaboration, not Litigation coming. With shipping, just over $86. I too balked momentarily on the shipping price, but then asked myself if I'd pay $10 for any of those beers in a bar or retail store. Where I live (Miami), that answer was a resounding yes. Plus I can probably surprise some friends by casually pulling a Pliny out on a random Friday night.

Two hours after I placed my order I got a shipping notification. Awesome!!!

Just got here. I thought ups wouldn't send beer??

image-2650497686.jpg

image-4056031792.jpg

Got mine today too! Bottled on10/25/11. As for UPS not shipping alcohol, their policy in that regards is for private individuals, not legitimate businesses that can provide paperwork, etc.

It's here! It's here! It's here!

And the label says it was bottled on 10/25/11, so this is very fresh stuff. Cheers all!

FYI, Pliny does lose it's magic with age. Non-refrigerated temperatures or even a couple months of cold storage and the beer quickly loses it's blissful hoppy perfection. I've had a LLLLLLLOT of Pliny in my time, fresh and not-so-fresh.

Thanks for this! I just had a couple of bottles arrive in MI. I've been dying to try this beer for months... tonight's the night!

Can't thank you enough again. Just received my pliny today and they're already in the fridge. In a couple hours ill prolly be thanking you again. My first time trying pliny and can't wait. Cheers.

SporkD2 said:
Damn laws, same reason we can't get DFH120

I live in north DFW, and there is a meat market up here that has dfh 120. I don't know how they get it, but they have alot of good beer at relatively reasonable prices.

The Pliny really does need to be consumed ASAP. If you've never had it, it's really not a hop flavor it is famous for, but the amazing aroma. Ever stuck your nose up to an airlock when you have a big glorious IPA churning away? They've somehow figured out a way to bottle that precious moment up into a nice dry malty beer. That quality is VERY volatile, and every day that it sits in your fridge a little bit of it goes away... dammit I'm going to go drink one right now. Cheers!

ForumRunner_20111123_225040.jpg

Back