fitting help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvr2low

Reaction score
My GF bought a march pump that has 3/4" FPT and MPT input and outputs. she wants to use 1/2" triclover fittings. is there an adapter that goes from the 3/4" FPT and MPT down to 1/2" for the fittings? I am no plumber and don't really understand which thread type is compatible with another, i just know I have terrible luck getting the correct ones unless i can fit it up in a store.....

MPT (Male Pipe Thread) FPT (Female Pipe Thread) are both NPT (National Pipe Thread) All compatible. Bargain Fittings has the fittings. To reduce from FPT to another FPT you use a fitting called a 'bushing'. To go from MPT to FPT you use a "Bell Reducer".
To change from FPT to MPT you use a "Reducing Nipple".
To go directly from MPT or FPT to Tri-Clover, they make adapter fittings.

thanks guys! Bobby M, what do you recommend using rather than triclovers? she is not a fan of the quick connect type that are similar to air tools. we are trying to do everything FDA compliant because there is a chance he pump and some of the setup will be used for a pro rig in the future.

Back