My first Kriek Lambic!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattMann

Reaction score
I just went and forked out 7 dollars for my first Kriek, and my first lambic, and this thing is awesome. Kinda sour, kinda sweet with a very silky mouth feel. Cherry is very pronounced, not like eating cherries but still nice. SWMBO said it was good, and she will not drink beer. I just need to get a good recipe. Was thinking of Northern Brewers, Dawson's Kriek but just don't know.

Heh. It's pretty simple. Starting gravity around 1.054. Half wheat, half 2-row. 3oz of AGED hops (at least 3 years old, with no alpha acids left). Add Wyeast Lambic Blend (bacteria and wild yeast). Wait 12 months. Add canned cherries (oregon puree). Wait another 6 months.

If you're not prepared to wait that long (and tie up a carboy for that long), it's better to just buy it from the store.

I just started my first lambic last week...which will be a kriek someday. I can't wait till xmas '09 when I can drink it. :)

Guess I'm glsd for the 10 % off sale this weekend....I'll be getting another carboy for the Lambic.:mad:

When you have my lever of OCD, there is no such thing as a good "New Thing".

Back