Saison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew hoperator

Reaction score
I recently brewed a Saison using the Whitelabs Saison Ale Liquid Yeast. I used a carboy for primary and could see something I have not seen before. The krausen on top and the sediment on the bottom had a kurd like look. This was my 6th brew and I never saw anything like this before. I racked to the secondary trying not to bring up some of this stuff and the secondary seems very clear.

Has anyone else seen this before either in a Saison or other types of brews?

I see this in all my brews that have an "overly vigorous" fermentation. When it really gets to moving it looks like someone is constantly stirring it. The curd looking chunks are yeast and trub being flung around the inside of your fermenter.

enderwig said:
I see this in all my brews that have an "overly vigorous" fermentation. When it really gets to moving it looks like someone is constantly stirring it. The curd looking chunks are yeast and trub being flung around the inside of your fermenter.

Thanks for your reponse. I actually went ahead and transferred to keg last week and it tastes great.

Latest posts

Back