First batch tomorrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL Not doing that. Meant I'll go check on temp before hitting the pillow.

Hey guys. The fermentation was steady for the first three days. Now it doesn't seem to be burping. So I guess the yeast are full. I have a temp question. How important is the temp after the beginning? The temp is now sitting around 61f. The total swing has been from 57-65. The yeast was muntons that came with kit. Reason I ask is it may stay at high 50's next couple days at least.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Sounds like initial fermentation is done. It'll now slowly,uneventfully work it's way down to FG. Idk if I'd let Munton's yeast go down that low. Might stall out at those low temps.

dpagan said:
Hey guys. The fermentation was steady for the first three days. Now it doesn't seem to be burping. So I guess the yeast are full. I have a temp question. How important is the temp after the beginning? The temp is now sitting around 61f. The total swing has been from 57-65. The yeast was muntons that came with kit. Reason I ask is it may stay at high 50's next couple days at least.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Let her go for a good 3 to 4 weeks it's not done bubbles in the airlock isn't a sign that she is done, it you realy want to know if she is done then take a gravity reading every second day until the reading is stable for 3 days stright...

If you ask me, your running after infections because the beer is vulnerable at this point and you keep playin with it !!

Even if she is done the flavors have not blended yet the beer will be "green" let her mature, espacially if you did an extract kit it's even more crucial :)

Temp is EVERYTHING controle it or get ass tasting beer :(

Ipa extract kit. Steeped grains, boiled malt with hop additions according to directions. Cooled wort in ice and water. Strained into fermenter. Set up blowoff tube into another carboy after foamover. Been sitting in a cool dark garage since then.

So....popped open a bottle last night. It is a couple days early but the suspense got the best of me. Was pleasantly surprised. Although it was not fully carbed, and not really an "ipa" it was good. More like an amber or brown ale. My two brew buddies and i all liked it. Thanks for the advice guys. Going to get another brew going soon.

Got a question. So far.....two of the bottles have been bad. As soon as I pop them open. They foam like crazy. And taste pretty bland. Has anyone experienced this?

Back