Sampled a bottle of store bought mead.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beebe

Reaction score
I was visiting a friend the other day, he was the one that got me into making mead. He made a batch of ginger mead that was amazing!:mug: After that I knew I had to have more of it! :tank: Anyway, he had picked up a bottle of mead from the brew store and we had a few drinks.
Its great to have a brew friend to keep motivated and share stories. He got me into it, and then my mead got him back into making a batch, and it just keeps going! Plus we can share and trade bottles of our latest mead so you get twice the pleasure!
So this mead we drank came from Montana and was a traditional mead. I was not impressed:mad: It had kind of a funny flavor and twang to it. I dont remember the company who made it and I think I will stick to home brew next time. In fact, my holiday cider I made a month before that I brought up, was much tastier.

Now I need to wait for half a year to a year for my traditional and prickly pear to age out so I can have some ready to go. I also would love to try my buds cherry mead that he just bottled. Cherries were bing from his back yard!:rockin: The color of the mead was amazing!

Now that he made a cherry mead I need to start something new! I think that after the new year I will make a blackberry mead. This last summer the wife and I picked about five gallons of blackberries and they are all sitting in the freezer calling out to me!:D

Ya, the Trapper Creek sucks off the shelf; I found that out the hard way too. I'm currently letting a bottle of their dark mead age, but I'm only 1/2 way through the 2 years aging; If I can remember, I'll give you an update on the experiment sometime in Jan of 2012. Just remember that not everything made in MT sucks; we raise some mighty tasty elk & bison, and grow some great barley & Wheat. There are some tasty beers made here too! :mug: Regards, GF.

The thing I like best about home brewing is that you can custom make everything to your taste.

Back