So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing a Centennial Blonde right now, then tomorrow a Deception Cream Stout.

I'm heating the strike water on an American Wheat right now and have a version of the Deception Cream Stout on deck for next weekend. ThreeTaps: Making any changes to the recipe or brewing as is?

I'm heating the strike water on an American Wheat right now and have a version of the Deception Cream Stout on deck for next weekend. ThreeTaps: Making any changes to the recipe or brewing as is?

I'm brewing it as is. It gets pretty good reviews, so I won't change it unless I want it different after a month or two of it bottle conditioning.

I finally got around to brewing Orfy's Old Speckled Hen clone today, modified for BIAB, No-Chill.

knocked out brew #4 in the past two weeks today.... Girl From Brussels Belgian Blond Ale. now i'll leave town for a week w/ 3 primaries and 1 secondary rocking away, and ready to bottle upon return.

300 gallons of smoked porter with the new breiss cherrywood smoked malt. Collaboration event with a local brewery and the homebrew clubs. Too bad it's hot as hell in the brewhouse but we're having a blast!

"Black Prince" Schwarzbier in the boiler now. I'm anxious to see of the 3/4 lb of Kaffee Malz (675 SRM) makes it too bitter but that's what I needed to hit my color target.

Brewed 10 gallons of wheat Saturday. 5 gallons will be Hefeweizen, it is fermenting with 3068, the other 5 gallons will be cherry wheat, it is fermenting with US-05.

And, it was FREAKIN' HOT! I mashed in at 8:00AM, and it was still too hot.

DSC00634.JPG

Mash Tun is closed and 18 minutes have gone by so far on "Nut Brown Ale." Twice as much specialty grains than I have ever seen before, this is gonna be a good one I hope. I am going for the 90 minute boil, Irish Moss, and the 2 hour cold crash. That is the only changes I will do to the recipe (I want it clear).

Doing a Bells Two Hearted Ale clone and trying a Heffeweizen (first time) and the first time I'm going for 20 gallons in one day. Thank God for my mother-in-law whose weekend visit scored me a much needed kitchen pass, even though it'll be in the mid-90's.

Two batches this weekend;

A blueberry wheat that I formulated a few weeks ago, and the Nierra Sevada again (3rd batch of this one).

Doing an American wheat 6gal batch and splitting it into two. One will be racked onto 3lbs blackberries, the other will be racked onto a combo of serrano and panca peppers.

I have two Northern Brewer extract kits scheduled to arrive today: Chinook IPA and Bourbon Barrel Porter. I also bought their 4-pack of used kegs, so that's exciting. I've been scanning Craigslist for a keezer candidate, but no luck so far.

Anyway, I think I'll get the IPA going on Sunday.

Made 10 gallons of blonde last thurs then split 5 on Abbey Ale yeast and 5 on notty.....racked to 2ndary last night so I would have fermentors open for a dunkelweisen brew on Fri and a IPA on Sunday.

Just brewed up 4g of raspberry wit last night. Went well except for the massive thunderstorm that blew through right at the beginning of the boil. yikes.

that was wicked. up in thiensville we got monsooned for like 20 minutes, then calm...

I'm finally brewing an oktoberfest i've wanted to brew for about a month.

geeze its been 8 weeks since i brewed....my pipeline is dwindling! time to switch to liquor for awhile, lol.

I'm doing 10 gallons of Bier Muncher's "nierra sevada" clone. Trying out my new brutus-like system for the first time using the brew stand I bought from Marcus (aka Pinup Brewery). Should be fun!

If I can escape to the LHBS I'll brew up 5 gallons of what I'm calling my "freezer special" IIPA. I've got a ton of hops in the freezer that are begging to be randomly thrown into a 90 minute boil, creating an unreplicable IIPA. I'll note the additions, but doubt that I'll be sober enough to measure each addition properly.

Recipe as it stands in my head right now:

Grain Bill:
16lbs golden promise
2lbs crystal 10L
1lb honey malt

Mash 60 mins @ 154

Hops:
Columbus, centennial, and summit hops are what I can remember being in the freezer, but I know I have more.

OG: 1.090
FG: 1.024

Will likely do some Edwort's applewein and 3 gallons of NJ Wildflower Mead too.

Need to get a lot going now since I'll be out of town for the next few weekends...

Might be brewing this weekend. Thinking about making an Imperial Stout, or something with bourbon and oak in it. I have been trying to get working on my car again, and so I might try to do both. Maybe work on car on Saturday and prep for brew on Sunday.

Back