Pol will be in Little Rock and Chicago next week!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
I will be making my rounds next week and be in Little Rock and Chicago both... any good places or local brews that I need to try!?

Maybe this next week I will actually end up in the correct city, ONCE.

Pol

Check out Bosco's in the River Market in Little Rock. Pretty good microbrewery with good food. Personally I'm not a big fan of their signature Flaming Stone brew (I'm not a big fan of many rauchbiers), but the rest of them are pretty tasty, esp. the Isle of Skye and the Bombay IPA.
Another good stop would be Vino's Pizzeria/Brewery. His Double IPA (GABF medal winner) is mighty fine if there's any left from the batch. It's been a few weeks since I've been in, but he always has something good on tap, and the pizza margerhita <sp?> is awesome!

Cheers!

Terje

The best brew pub in Chicago, imo, is Goose Island. One of the best beer bars is The Map Room.

The best brew pub in Chicago, imo, is Goose Island. One of the best beer bars is The Map Room.
+1. Map Room is probably my favorite bar in Chicago. Hopleaf is another good choice. Kuma's Corner for great burgers and beer selection.

My favorite brewpub in the area is Flossmoor Station, but it is about an hour's ride on the Metra electric line. Worth it if you have the time; the train stops right at the brewpub. Check out the "Flossmoor Beer Blog" link on their website. Piece Brewery & Pizzeria is not too far from the Map Room and every bit as good as Goose Island, IMHO.

I am going tpo be down near Midway... flying some Delta stuff in and out of there. Thanks for the tips guys... Midway doesnt run delays like Ohare, so maybe I will get some quality time there. I just arrived home about 60 minutes ago, and I have already sucked down one draft... YUM!

I also was pleasantly surprised to see that I had a box from Auber Instruments on my porch... looks like a PID, SSR Heatsink and Thermocouple... nice nice.

Unfortunately I have two days off only, then I head back out again and return home on the 30th.

I see my family much less during the holidays than I do at any other time, what a drag.

I hope all your flights go well! I'm more in the northwest suburbs, if you were out this way would have been fun to go to one of the brewpubs in town (Dundee, IL)

Ha ha, I should tell SWMBO that... err, or not!

Yeah it is too bad that I wont be up near Dundee... that would have been cool. I will probably stay in the metro area, simply because of transportation requirements.

I hope the travel gets a little smoother as well... today we were in Denver and saw a man (I am sure there are plenty of others like him) who was on a cancelled flight yesterday and is now on standby to get to Chicago... they do not have an open seat to Chicago for two more days. Basically, Christmas day.

He was screaming and yelling at the poot gate agent... what a dink. They have rules and protocol, and yes it sucks, but they dont make the rules. Word of wisdom, DO NOT MAKE EMEMIES WITH GATE AGENTS. They are not above doing favors, but they dont do favors for dinks.

A friend of mine has a great wintertime travel story... He was in SEATAC after a string of cancellations waiting to check in. After waiting in line for an hour the guy in front of him started yelling at the poor agent at the counter, berating her, and essentially just being a jerk because she simply did not have any alternative flights to book him on after his flight was cancelled. The whole time she just smiled and apologized, wishing him best of luck. The jerk huffed off.

My friend stepped up to the counter and said to the clerk, "wow, what was up with that guy? And moreover, HOW did you hold up your composure?" She replied, "It's OK, don't worry about it. I re-routed his luggage through Singapore. It will take a few weeks before customs will release it back to the U.S."

Be careful who you p*ss off. :D

EXACTLY, dont piss off the ppl that are in control...

Sadly, many ppl dont have that much control over thier emotions and cannot play the game.

Flossmoor Station and Three Floyds is fairly close to Midway, but you can hop on the Orange Line to come downtown too.

Let us know where you're going.

Flossmoor Station and Three Floyds is fairly close to Midway, but you can hop on the Orange Line to come downtown too.

Let us know where you're going.

Yep, Midway is not too far from me! Flossmoor is ~45 min. drive from Midway.

Yep, Midway is not too far from me! Flossmoor is ~45 min. drive from Midway.

45 min is close...

Going anywhere in Chicago takes 30-45 minutes. Except Great America, that's almost an hour at any time. It could be 3 am and there would be a jack knifed track somewhere on the way.

Back