My first label!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know how we all hate to click on links, so here you go!

martian_logo.jpg

Also, I like the label, very well done. The one thing that kind of throws is me is how the "dot" for the "i" is off of the image. Maybe move that down? Over all though I like it!

Thanks for the feedback! I was sort of playing with the dot a little bit to sort of give the label a little shape when I cut it out, but I can see what you mean. Actually, I was going to redo those main label letters (the "Martian Matter" ones) before I printed it anyway to turn it into vector graphics so it didn't get all pixelated when printed (as it was shamelessly stolen from the toy's website. :) Another idea I had was to change the little message on the side a bit to change the second instance of "Sediment" to "Martian Matter". :)

And I just noticed that the "B" in "Brewing" needs capitalized too! Gah! :)

Version 2: :)

2381892904_2bc5509e8d.jpg

rustang64,
There really isn't a Mars connection. My (almost) 5 year old son has a toy named "Martian Matter" and on brewing day when a few of us were talking about what to name the beer, he piped up with "You should call it Martian Matter!" and we all sort of looked at each other and said, "Martian Matter Maple... Hey, that's actually not bad at all!" and it stuck.

EEK! A link! I bit the bullet again and clicked on the link for the rest of us :D

lable2.jpg

I really like this version better than the last. It is much cleaner and with the whole name being on the label it just looks more "put together." Great job!

cheezydemon said:
So are you actually going to sell it?

No, not at all, but we will likely make gifts of various 6-packs and the like. Plus I just thought having labels on my own beer would be fun. :)

Thanks for the positive feedback all! :) Can't wait to see this on a bottle! :)

Yeah, I agree with Greenspey, I would put a gradient on those letters to make them look shaded. But either way, I think it's an awesome label.

Okay, well, a couple of folks suggested the flat logo text wasn't doing it for them, so for the gradient lovers I added a color gradient in this version. I think this is going to be the last version of this. :)

2384864934_67d12603d2.jpg

Sorry for the link again. Guess I need to pony up and get the Premier account if I want to post inline pics. :)

Well since I started posting these for you I might as well do it again :D

Here you go! Like this version as well, like how the letters pop out!

logo3.jpg

Back