3 gallon kegging....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two of those puppies and two of the 2.5 gallon units. They come in handy for parties. It looks like they are out of the reconditioned units though.

Yeah, they are... though the NEW ones are only a few bucks more than the used!

Keep your eyes peeled on eBay, and be prepared to drop at least $70 on a small keg (very high demand, very low supply). The pisser is that you really want to have TWO small kegs, so that you don't have either keep bottle half the batch or cut back to three-gallon batches.

the_bird said:
The pisser is that you really want to have TWO small kegs, so that you don't have either keep bottle half the batch or cut back to three-gallon batches.
That's exactly why I use my 3 gallon kegs for Apfelwein. I bottle two gallons for gifts and dinner parties. I keg the remainder to guzzle at home. :drunk:

I have two 2.5 gal ones. I use them More than my three 5 gal. ones. I actually prefer to keg half a batch, and bottle the rest. I like to have BBQ's and gatherings where I have several styles on hand in bottles- people dig it. (My fridge can only hold So many kegs.)

the_bird said:
Keep your eyes peeled on eBay, and be prepared to drop at least $70 on a small keg (very high demand, very low supply). The pisser is that you really want to have TWO small kegs, so that you don't have either keep bottle half the batch or cut back to three-gallon batches.
make two 4gallon batches! No blowoff tubes needed!!! :D

I just picked one up on ebay yesterday for $65 (with stupid $20 flat rate shipping). There was not much competition when it came down to the last minute.

Back