WLP653 + Motueka / Galaxy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamjackson

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing a low ABV, APA with a nice horsey funk.

From the White Labs site:

WLP653 Brettanomyces lambicus
High intensity Brett character. Defines the "Brett character": Horsey, smoky and spicy flavors. As the name suggests, this strain is found most often in Lambic style beers, which are spontaneously fermented beers. Also found in Flanders and sour brown style beers.

I saw in another thread here a post from Zamial about using a fruity hop, low ABV to complement the Brett strain.

I have 4 ounces of Galaxy in my freezer and 2 ounces of Citra. I've wanted to do a Motueka beer for a while but really should use up the galaxy I have. Any thoughts on that as a recipe?

=====

If that's a bad idea, what sort of recipes should I make with this yeast strain? I already have the strain. Trying to figure out what to do with it.

Any updates on this? Ive recently become very interested in doing something very similar to what you had planned, did you ever get this brewed?

I'm not sure about the recipe, but I can tell you that Galaxy is a pretty amazing hop. Lots of bright mango and tropical fruit notes, some citrus. One of my new favorites.

Im well aware of the delicious awesomeness that is galaxy, hehe, but im more curious about its (as well as other american/nz/australian fruity hops) mix with wlp653.

Back