10" False Bottoms $5.99

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I built a boatload of 18ga false bottoms for another homebrew store. Long story short I ended up with about 100 of them left over the store owner didn't buy, and I want to get them gone.
These were a custom order of 18ga 1/8" holes on 5/32 centers and a 1/2" hole for a diptube. Great for a boil kettle but at 18 ga I wouldn't use it for a MLT.
I am selling these for 5.99 ea on my website www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com
I am also trying something new for me and doing an Ebay auction, starting them off at .01 If you go to ebay, just type in false bottom in the search field and this 10" is like first or second on the list.

I will keep these on my site until they are gone.

Cheers
Jay

I would like to get one into a cooler?

I am selling these as is. @ 5.99 ea I can't really spend any time customizing them like I do all my other False Bottoms. These are flat and every one of them has a 1/2" hole in them already, so it has to be used with a diptube.

Jay

Definately gonna have to pick one up for my boil kettle for whole hop brews ......... looks like a deal!

Just ordered two of these. I'm going to play with them a bit to see if I can make a hop strainer from this

I was thinking of putting one inside a paint strainer bag and then putting it at the bottom of my keggle to strain out hops. Or I may tie some stainless mesh to it and use it as a hop strainer that way. Anybody else have some ideas?

Just ordered two of these. Looking forward getting delivered.

I'm not at home so I can't measure but would this fit for a sanke keg boil kettle? I know they are wider than 10" but the bottom of the keg is convex a little and IIRC 10" could sit nicely while leaving a gap.

Just bought two. Not sure how long shipping is gonna take but its worth it. Hopefully they'll fit in my Keggle. Stack them to make them stronger. If they don't i'll use them somewhere. Can't go wrong for that price.

Yeah we did a test with 2 stacked in a keggle with a stainless diptube and with pellet hops I was really impressed!
Yes these will work in a keggle as the bottom is convex. you just need to make sure your diptube is the proper length..(insert diptube/length jokes here :D)
Cheers
Jay

you used them with pellet hops with satisfactory results? I double bag my pellet hops right now to try and keep them out of the fermenter when it's all said and done.

you used them with pellet hops with satisfactory results? I double bag my pellet hops right now to try and keep them out of the fermenter when it's all said and done.

Yes, satisfactory being the key word here. Was there pellet hops that got through? Yes.

Cheers
Jay

Would you say stacking 2 on top of each other would be good enough to filter pelet hops for a plate chiller?

Jaybird - can you also ship USPS? I see your auctions are $4.95 shipping but in your store, it's $9.95.

How much for two shipped to Las Vegas, NV 89123?

ultravista said:
Jaybird - can you also ship USPS? I see your auctions are $4.95 shipping but in your store, it's $9.95.

Also curious about that

Website for 2 $21.93
ebay for 2 buy it now $49.98
ebay auction for 2, .01 starting bid and 4.95 shipping ea
Right now they are currently at 12.50 and 11.75 + the 4.95

It’s a gamble on my part.
Ebay, buy it now $24.99 free shipping (we pay Ebay a MINT!) But ebay prints shipping label
Ebay , auction, started at .01 (gamble) bid right now at 12.50+4.95=$17.45
Website (No ebay fees) 5.99+9.95 (flat rate shipping buy as many as you want shipping never changes) $15.94 lowest cost and I pay a guy to, process the order,print the shipping and package.

I am offering these to you guys CHEEP from the website, some are taking advantage of the flat rate shipping and loading up on hardware, other false bottoms, yeast, stainless diptubes etc.

Just for the record I am down to about 20.

Cheers
Jay

SO I am getting close to selling out of these. Thanks for all the orders. There are about 10 left and I think we are going to just sell them on Ebay auction. I will take the next few orders on the website but then I am going to take down the listing.
Again thanks for all the orders.
Cheers
Jay

My order arrived yesterday, unfortunately I miss the mailman and he didn't leave them. So I guess it went on tour of the neighborhood. Quick delivery from Norcal to NJ. Ordered late on May 7,arrived May 10. Maybe he'll leave them today.

Oh Yeah!!!!! Just pick them up from the post office. Looks like they'll do great in the bottom of my keggle. Just have to adjust the length of the diptube. Bought two but may try a batch with just one. They seem pretty stiff. anyway thanks Jaybird /Norcal.

Ok....if a newbie could a quick question....these would be used in a boil kettle right?...and what would you use a dip tube for?....I am trying to learn a few things....thankx...tom

These look awesome and will hopefully work. My only regret is that I should have bought more than 2

Back