Winking Lizard - Ohio (Can't believe I didn't know)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbeerguy

Reaction score
Man alive I feel like I just crawled out of a cave! I cannot believe I had a pub so close to me with an awesome selection and I didn't even know about it! Check out this World Beer tour thing they do:
https://winkinglizard.com/data/content/beer_tour.asp

2010 TOUR INFORMATION

The Winking Lizard Tavern World Tour of Beers for 2010 is our 24th World Tour. Each year we are challenged to offer and get the best and most varied beer selection in the nation. This year's World Tour will have more than 200 beers to choose from and will include a bottle list and a draft list to pick from. New this year to the World Tour is our Beer for Two program. These are select specialty beers in 750ml and 22oz bottle served with two glasses so you can share with a friend and receive 2 credits towards finishing your World Tour. We have also added a seasonal Stone Brewing Co. draft handle to all Winking Lizard locations, and Brooklyn Brewery, Goose Island and Thirsty Dog seasonal draft handles at a number of our locations.
As we have done for the last few World Tours, we will be offering a half-way gift when you have tried 50 beers from the World Tour. You will receive a 12 pack wheeled cooler. When you have reached 100 beers from our World Tour of Beer list you'll receive the coveted World Tour jacket and an invitation to the World Tour Finisher Party in January 2011!
To join the World Tour, visit your favorite Winking Lizard Tavern, plop down $10.00 and begin your adventure into the world of craft and imported beers. We start you off with a full color Guidebook, a wallet card so you can keep track of what you have tried, and a Tour Card that will electronically keep track of the Tour beers you have finished. You may drink the beers in any order. There are many more choices on this year's World Tour. Any comments or concerns about the World Tour, please email the [email protected]

I am pretty pumped to start this tour. There are 213 days remaining, so I better get busy :mug:

Yep. That place is awesome. I also love the "Keep the glass" thing they do once a month. Not sure which one you went to, but my personal favorite is the one in Peninsula. They each have their own vibe, and that one is in an old, old bar. Especially cool in the winter when the guys are coming off the ski trails and slopes

I did the tour in 2006 in Columbus. My wife did also and actually beat me to the punch. The cajun wings and white pizza kickass!

Funny! I'm from Canada but head to Cleveland every couple of years for work with an orchestra there (Apollo's Fire). The Winking Lizard in Cleveland Heights is one of the main watering holes for the brass section. GREAT selection of beers and classic pub food. Not the place to go if you're looking for culinary delights but the beer selection is superb.

Brought back fond memories seeing the title of this thread. I'll be there in October for a week or so, will definitely hit it up.

Cheers

I ate and drank there before hitting a Cavs game last year. I remember that for a sports bar, they had a great selection of beers.

Always hear them on the radio, but didn't know about their beer selection. They only advertise when the radio crew will there and the weekly ****** bag contest. Kind of turned me away from it to be honest. But holy crap that beer tour looks to be the coolest, best organized thing ever!

Always hear them on the radio, but didn't know about their beer selection. They only advertise when the radio crew will there and the weekly ****** bag contest. Kind of turned me away from it to be honest. But holy crap that beer tour looks to be the coolest, best organized thing ever!

Your correct its really well run. They give you a credit card like membership card that tracks all your drinks. They have substitutions already chosen for beers if for some reason they are out at the time your ready to finish. Its pretty cool.

Back