South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 4!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordura

Reaction score
:ban:Here we go with round 4!:ban:

GROUP BUY HAS BEEN FILLED!

We need 42 bags of grain to complete this order or 41 bags and some hops.

Check out the sales book here for pricing on grain and everything EXCEPT hops: NCM Sales Book

Hop Pricing can be found here: HOP PRICING - Homebrewers
Note: If you really want bulk hops, hopsdirect.com is much cheaper if you get a few pounds shipped.

Pick up location:
Pennsauken, NJ 08110
This place has been great about us using their lot to break down that pallet.

Pick up date/time:
TBA

Current Order: 41 Bags - 8LB Misc

lordura [PAID]: 1x CM-2ROW
twoodward15 [PAID]: 2x CM-2ROW
Tepe [PAID]: 1x BD-MOPA, 1x CM-2ROW
vincemash [PAID]: 2x CM-SPIL, 1x CM-2ROW, 1/3x CM-WHET, 1/3x GW-C60, 1/3x FB-CPIL
vanwolfhausen [PAID]: 2x CM-2ROW, 1x TF-MOPA, 1x BZ-MUNH, 1x CM-SPIL
ferman [PAID]: 1x CM-SPIL, 1x CM-2ROW, 1x CM-PALE, 2/3x CM-WHET, 2/3x GW-C60, 2/3x FB-CPIL
longke [PAID]: 1x FB-PALE, 1x BD-MOPA, 1/2x CM-RYEM
impetus19 [PAID]: 1x CM-2ROW
soonami [PAID]: 1x CM-2ROW(MILLED), 1x CM-SPIL(MILLED), 1x CM-PALE(MILLED)
klkeys [PAID]: 2x CM-2ROW, 1x BD-MOPA, 1x BZ-VIEN
kgfitz [PAID]: 2x CM-2ROW
Mazey [PAID]: 1x 5S-PBW8LB, 1x CM-2ROW, 1/2x CM-WHET
aluminumpark: 1/2x CM-RYEM, 1x BZ-PILS
martin4132: 1x CM-SPIL, 1X CM-2ROW
MidatlanticMaineiac [PAID]: 2x CM-PALE, 1/2x CM-WHET
idratherbeinmexico [PAID]: 1x CM-WHET
b0r0da [PAID]: 1x CM-2ROW

so far I know I'll take 2 sacks of CM-SPIL

I would be willing to split a sack (1/3 each) of GW-C60 (Crystal 60), FB-CPIL (Cara Pils), CM-WHET (Wheat), TF-AMBR (Amber) if anyone is interested

2 sacks 2 Row
1 sack maris otter
1 sack Munich(Splitting with Twoodward)
1 sack Pilsner

Vanwolfhausen, what kind of Maris Otter. Munich & Pils do you want? Also, am I split the cost between you and twoodward or are you picking up the sack and settling with him?

Just subscribing to get updates.. to see about splits. We already have a ridiculous grain stash so not sure if I'll be in on anything but possibly cascade hops

Count me in.

1 sack of CM-SPIL
1 sack of CM-2ROW
1 sack of CM-PALE

I'll take the other 2/3 sack for both of the following with vincemash:

CM-WHET (Wheat)
GW-C60 (Crystal 60)

I will also split 1/3 with vincemash and another person of:

FB-CPIL (Cara Pils)
TF-AMBR (Amber)

Jeff, can I change my order to one sack of 2 row and a sack of whatever it was we used for victory last time? I'll look to see what it was.

Just to clarify, the Wheat and Crystal 60 are complete sacks now. I am taking the other 2/3 of both of these with vincemash.

Vanwolfhausen, what kind of Maris Otter. Munich & Pils do you want? Also, am I split the cost between you and twoodward or are you picking up the sack and settling with him?

Thomas Fawcett Maris otter
Canada Pils and 2 row
Best Malz Munich or whatever(Doesn't matter)

I really have no preference over which pils, munich or 2row. Whatever is cheapest. Whatever is easier for you. I can pay and settle with him later. Just let me know best payment method?

1 - FB-PALE

@lordura - this will be my first group buy, so I'll need to know the basics when it comes time.

I'll update everyones order after work.

As far as payments go, after the pallet is full I will send everyone a total and payment can be sent via paypal or check/money order.

Jeff, I'm going to stick with 2 sacks of CM 2 row. I'll get victory at the lhbs. Thanks. Also, Vanwolfhausen will be making the pick up for me..........I hope.

Updated the orders again.

Jeff, I'm going to stick with 2 sacks of CM 2 row. I'll get victory at the lhbs. Thanks. Also, Vanwolfhausen will be making the pick up for me..........I hope.

No problem. You've gone through all the grain from the first 2 buys? Brewing like a champ eh?:mug:

Jeff, can we get cleaning products through this order? I'd like an 8 lb. jar of PBW.

any idea why the hop prices are so high (comparable to the discounts we are getting on grain), you would think they could offer a bigger discount.....

okay....edit I think I have it figured out....we have to pay the "homebrewers" price for the hops as you need to contract your hops to buy out of the grain catalog:

"This price sheet supersedes all previous price sheets that we have issued. All prices are subject
to change without notice until contracted. If you wish to contract your hops, you may do so for
one, two or three years.
Spot prices and availability can and likely will change on a regular basis. You will be billed at our
current spot price at the time of ordering. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO CONTRACT!"

My question what would we need to do to "contract" with NCM for hops as a homebrew club to get the lower "contract prices" (now I know we are from multiple clubs here on this buy but for purposes of this we could merge them into one "super club")

Also, still looking for someone to take the last 1/3 rd. of a sack of FB-CPIL (Cara Pils),and TF-AMBR (Amber) that ferman and I are splitting

Can I suggest hopsdirect for the hops? I've used them reliably for pounds and pounds, both flower and pellet.

Also, lordura if you wouldn't mind adding a small wishlist of items we could bring in thanks for coordinating this effort. I know I have some duplicates and unused items that i'd like to offer up as a gift.

+1 for hopsdirect. Even just buying a pound with shipping from them is still a few dollars cheaper. If a few of you guys get a little hop order together, it will only get cheaper!

NCM will not move on the hop pricing. I guess with the deep discounts on grain, they figure we won't mind paying a little more for hops. If it was for a brewery, things would be different.

@MAZEY
Just talked to them about the PBW. We can get that on without the HazMat fee. Still want it?

If anyone goes with starsan or something like that, add $15 to it for HazMat.

Longke, its really not needed but I would never turn down a gift! I've always used my "Brew Money" towards grain/hops and i'm still running off a Midwest's single bucket homebrew kit from 3yrs ago! I should change my name to Ghetto Gear Brewery!

+1 for hopsdirect. Even just buying a pound with shipping from them is still a few dollars cheaper. If a few of you guys get a little hop order together, it will only get cheaper!

NCM will not move on the hop pricing. I guess with the deep discounts on grain, they figure we won't mind paying a little more for hops. If it was for a brewery, things would be different.

I called hopsdirect.com to get some ideas on shipping to our area, it looks like they can fit 20lbs of pellet hops into one box and the shipping would be $26 per box, per pound pricing here http://www.hopsdirect.com/hops/pellethops.html , whole hops would cost more as they can fit much less in a box.

Perhaps someone would want to take this on as a separate thread South Jersey/Philly Pellet Hops Group Buy... ROUND 1!.....any takers?

Vincemash, I might be up for some splits on hops from hopsdirect. I have a ton of hops right now (amarillo, centennial, chinook, nugget & willamette) from the last time I ordered hops. That reminds me... anyone interested in some Chinook or Nugget? I have about 5oz of each to spare and would swap for some hops I don't have listed. Kinda off topic, sorry.

Back