Inspire me again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin

Reaction score
It has been well over a year since last i brewed anything at all. It isnt that i dont enjoy the entire process i have just let other things get in the way of my time to brew. I have been vaguely feeling the itch again and now have a propane burner and and a large enough pot to do some partial mash or possibly small all grain batches. I just dont have any motivation just yet. What is wrong with me and this brewing slump.

It has been well over a year since last i brewed anything at all. It isnt that i dont enjoy the entire process i have just let other things get in the way of my time to brew. I have been vaguely feeling the itch again and now have a propane burner and and a large enough pot to do some partial mash or possibly small all grain batches. I just dont have any motivation just yet. What is wrong with me and this brewing slump.

Is there a style of beer you haven't brewed before, or especially a technique you haven't tried before that might interest you?

e.g. kettle caramelizing a Scottish ale, doing a sour, oaking a beer, burst hopping, whatever--something new and not boring?

You need to start thinking of the end-product as inspiration.

7451-HappyFri_4.jpg

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

How's that?

Me and my buddy are actually recruiting people to do themed brewing batches. IE: a bunch of us get together, pick out a famous group of things, and then each one of us takes a single thing from that group. Its what keeps brewing fun to me...

In the past, we have done the Seven Dwarves, Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, 12 days of Christmas, Seven Ages of Man, etc...

Right now, we are gearing up for our June Contest: 7 Deadly Sins. I have Lust... so I am probably going to do a Cherry Vanilla Wheat - something that the ladies would love... I dunno though. My buddy has Greed - is brewing a "Kitchen Sink" beer that has like 11 different hops in it.

Find a group, propose the idea, and let your creative juices flow.

Back