Naming my homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmills1202

Reaction score
Looking for advice to name my homebrew. I have a common last name, Miller, so hard coming up with a good name seeing as Miller is quite cornered in the beer world. Looking for some advice!

I am looking to get custom tap handles, but I right now have a stout on tap. I have brewed a Wheat and Kolsch in the past. Not looking to name the beers just a brand name of sorts.

Go Off the wall!
Call your brewery Fat Squa Brewing. Make an ESB, Call it FSB-ESB

OR simply call it The Brothel. Then you can have beer like Sexy Leg Lager or Big Brested Blond.

Dude, it's like naming a band, or a album. It doesn't have to make sense to anyone but you. You could call it "wet gorilla brewing" and no one would question it. I guess more traditionally you could name it after the region/city/neighborhood you live in.

I don't necessarily get into naming my brews since they dont seem to be around for very long after getting them kegged. :drunk:

Not to say I haven't named a few brews ...more often than not if it names itself during brew day depending on what might be happening or had happened during the brew session :tank:

OR simply call it The Brothel. Then you can have beer like Sexy Leg Lager or Big Brested Blond.

I Like the idea of having a Theme type beer, I may just have to steal this one.

I just used the name of my neighborhood, and will probably come up with something creative eventhough it is somewhat useless since i only make about 10 gal a month.

i have no name for my brewery, but i have names for my individial brews...

my fave so far "All day IPA"

it was my first mini mash, and i was so anal retentive, it took me all damned day!!!!!

my next will be a .44 magnum IPA, cuz it will be using a bit of magnum, and a bit more, then some more, and finally, cascades dry hopped...

my porter,well that's so damned tasty it will be gone before i think of a clever name.

ya know, i have never used a kit... just kinda winged it from what i have learned here. this place rocks.

I've only been brewing for a year, and I finally came up with a name for my brewery yesterday...

I kinda stole the idea from my wife. She strings beads and sells her stuff at Christmas bazzars and such... She printed up cards and everything for "Peggy's Bead Habit".

So I decided to call my brewery "Jeff's Brew Habit".

Back