Brew & drink calendar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfocus

Reaction score
This topic came up the other day. Someone wanted to know the general dates to brew/drink certain types of beer. Someone added a list that was quoted from a book. I don't remember which topic it was, but I saved that list and this evening I created two Google calendars with all of the info in them.

So here they are...

When to brew

When to drink

Now, this will bring you to a plain view of monthly calendars. If you click in the bottom right corner "+ Google Calendar" it should add it to your list of calendars if you have a Gmail account, if not it will most likely ask to you register for a Gmail account. From there you can edit, print, etc.

For those who were wondering how I selected the dates in the list I had, Beginning = 1st of the month, Mid = 15th and End = 30/31, although this is most likely untrue (e.g. you can drink a spiced ale other than just on the 31st of December ;), maybe a little before to get into the Christmas spirit before it passes by).

mrfocus

Style - When to Brew - When to Drink

Altbier - 1st Oct - mid Dec
Barley Wine - 1st Feb - mid Dec
Belgian Strong Aale, Trappist - 1st Aug - end Jan
Belgian White - 1st June - end July
Biere de Garde/Saison - 1st Feb - end May
Bitter - 1st Oct - mid Nov
Bock - 1st Jan - end March
Brown Ale US - 1st Nov - end Dec
Brown Ale UK - 1st Sept - end Oct
California Common - 1st Sept - end Oct
Doppelbock - 1st Nov - end Feb
Dortmunder - 1st Nov - end Dec
Dunkelweizen - 1st April - mid May
Extra Special Bitter - 1st Oct - mid Dec
Eisbock - 1st Sept - end Feb
Festbier - 1st April - mid June
Fruit Beer - 1st April - mid to late June
Imperial Stout - 1st Jan - mid Dec
India Pale Ale - 1st March - end June
Kolsch - 1st March - end March
Lambic - 1st March end May - 1st June end Feb
Lager US - 1st April - end June
Maibock - 1st Feb - end May
Marzen/Oktoberfest - 1st Feb - late Aug
Mead - mid Dec - mid Dec
Mild Ale - 1st Sept - end Sept
Munich Helles/Dunkles - 1st Jan - end March
Old Ale - 1st May - end Sept
Pale Ale - 1st March end March - end April mid June
Pilsener - 1st Feb - end April
Porter - 1st Feb - end Feb
Red Ale - 1st Feb - end Feb
Scotch Ale - 1st April - end Dec
Scottish Ale - 1st Sept - mid Oct
Schwarzbier - 1st Dec - mid Jan
Smoked Beer - 1st Sept - mid Nov
Spiced Ale - mid Oct - end Dec
Stout, Dry - end Jan - end Feb
Stout, Specialty - 1st Oct - end Nov
Weisse, Berliner - 1st June - end July
Weizen - 1st June - mid July
Weizenbock - mid July - mid Dec

Yeah, that's the calendar I based it on.

I just added it to Google calendar, cause it's what I use to print out monthly calendars including when university reports are to hand in and when my exams are...

Now I will have something else that is really important on there!

LOL I am one of those crazy people that drink gin and tonic in the winter....I never pay attention to seasons when I brew.

I don't really follow the guidelines too much for when to drink what type of beers. I also where white after labor day.

It's cool for seasonal brews like Oktoberfest and Holiday Ales.. Sort of lets the noobs prepare..

Great googly moogly! :eek: According to the when to brew calendar apparently I have to get all of the brewing I plan to do done before January 2009! :cross: ;)

Do people brew Oktoberfest all year round? I've only drank Sam Adams from the bottle, local brew-restaurant Hops makes one I like also.. I think this would be one of my favorite brews. Also Moosebacher Kellerbier.. I guess I'm a mild-hops malt head?

I think I need to have both of these in constant supply in my house.. I'm not one for rules and regulations. :D

Btw, I'm authorized to add the Brew calendar, but not the drinking one.. I'm of age.. :p

camiller said:
Great googly moogly! :eek: According to the when to brew calendar apparently I have to get all of the brewing I plan to do done before January 2009! :cross: ;)

The Mayans calendar has the world ending in 2012. Looks like they were off by about 3 years.:drunk:

I wasn't aware there was a calendar I should be sticking to. I brew what I want when I want it. However, I don't have the equipment to lager so some seasonals I can't do anyways.

My main reason to start home brewing was so I could get the beers I want when I wanted them.

Neomich said:
I wasn't aware there was a calendar I should be sticking to. I brew what I want when I want it. However, I don't have the equipment to lager so some seasonals I can't do anyways.

My main reason to start home brewing was so I could get the beers I want when I wanted them.

Time to build a lagerator!

Probably #5 on my 2008 To-Do list.

Latest posts

Back