Electric Kettles and Brewtroller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stachelrodt

Reaction score
I am unsure as to how I can hook up a brewtroller to command the heat regulation. I'm pretty sure I am going to have to power the elements by them self but how to relay them into the control panel I am confused with. Any help will be greatly appreciated

im just curious as to how to correctly wire such a relay, assuming the elements draw their own power not exactly a professional electrician

I would suggest trolling the board a bit and finding some of the threads on this. There are a good number of threads you can read to learn about wiring and schematics on electrical. I have been doing that for the past 3 months and I'm STILL learning a ton.

The brewtroller will control a heating element just like any would. The brewtroller has four PID outputs. One for each of: HLT, MLT, BK and an Aux. They can drive a SSR which would switch the power to your elements. The brewtroller has four inputs for temperature probes. The probe used is based on the famous Dallas DS18B20 1 wire temperature transducer. You would pear 1 sensor to each PID. It also has outputs that drive a relay board to control things like pumps and solenoid valves. Lastly the Brewtroller can accept inputs from three Freescale pressure transducers to measure volume. I drew up a schematic for a typical electric HERMS system and it is on the Brewtroller Wiki. If you have any questions just give a shout.

Ah great! Thats what i was wondering about! If PID was on the brewtroller on the board. If i would need to do that, I was confused but alot of you guys today have helped me g et over the mental block i had going on, I understand the rest of the system i was just really curious as to how to power my heating elements

Back