McMaster Quick Disconnect Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illin8

Reaction score
I'm planning out the parts of my system and will be using 1/2" silicone tubing from AHS with these quick-disconnects from McMaster-Carr:

6739K59
6739K68

So, those QD's have a 3/8" coupling size. Where I'm having a problem is looking for a female socket with a 1/2" NPT like this:

6537K65

But this QD has a 1/2" coupling size. I found another socket like this with a 3/8" coupling size but its 3/8" NPT (6537k64. Any ideas? Do I need to go with 3/8" connections or is there another option?

The first ones you linked (3/8" connection, 1/2" NPT), is perfect for my needs and likely yours as well. I've been running these throughout my brewery with a March pump and have had no issues at all. My only beef is that they are effin HOT after the wort runs through them a bit.

I agree, but I'm adding a stainless steel Tee that I was planning on having 1/2" NPT thread with QD's male-Tee-female on either end. If I go with 3/8" NPT, I'll have to reduce the size of the Tee which will reduce flow.

Do a search here on brass quick disconnects.

The numbers drive nuts, but it's been iterated many times here. Bobby_M has listed the ones to get-JUST GET THOSE.

I just received 6 90* females to finish my pump hoses- I strongly urge you to carefully plan out your routings FIRST and use 90* where applicable to avoid kinking the hoses.

Back