Plastic conical Fermenter air leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laouboy

Reaction score
Hi all, I just put together my new ace plastic shell from agrimart and installed everything. Everything I myself installed is leak free and holds pressure, I also siliconed the top lid(I un drilled the threads and siliconed it up. Now the problem I am encountering is that there is some air coming from the lid, I tried a gasket sheet but I believe it wasn't the right strength for this as it would only leak from on side and not the other.
So What I am asking is, what can I use for this lid to seal fully? any help would be much appreciated.

also here is the link of the tank http://agrimart.net/30-gallon-full-drain-inductor-tank-infd30-24/

Cheers

If it is at the top, above the "water" line, then you really don't NEED to seal it up but if you want to then why not just use a hot glue gun?

Im more worried about bacteria, the lid will be letting out the co2 outtake with the tube outtake, the lid is removable that is where the leak is coming from I need something to seal it correctly 100 percent , if anyone has any ideas please let me know

Silicone is toxic, that doesn't bothet you? I'm having issues with mold growing in my 15 gal polyethylene conicals due to respiration at the lid but all I can think to use is cpvc cement. At high kreusen the beer touches whatever adhesive you have put there...

Silicone is toxic, that doesn't bothet you? I'm having issues with mold growing in my 15 gal polyethylene conicals due to respiration at the lid but all I can think to use is cpvc cement. At high kreusen the beer touches whatever adhesive you have put there...

Not all silicone caulk is toxic... There exist food-grade silicone caulks.

Look for aquarium grade silicone. There are some available at Home Depot. Or if you're really nervous go to a pet store and ask if they have some.

ANGELofDEBT said:
Look for aquarium grade silicone. There are some available at Home Depot. Or if you're really nervous go to a pet store and ask if they have some.

I called the manufacturer of the aquarium silicone at lowes. They told me it was not to be in contact with anything ingested by humans. That's where I gave up and decided cpvc cement would likely be my only option.

Back