PayPal tips & tricks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samc

Reaction score
Thinking of selling a few items (plate chiller/15 gallon corny). I've only used Paypal to buy stuff and was curious about the sell side. I note that sometimes people request using the "gift" option, does that always work and any other tips I might need to know. Thanks!!!!

I signed up with pay pal to buy & sell. It seems to me I had to change to a higher account in order to sell through it,not just pay. Go to there site,it'll explain things.

That's the one,the premier acct. That way,they can pay you to buy stuff from you. And you can still pay them to buy stuff from them.

I think you can still accept money with the personal account. Merchant services is unavailable, but I believe that is if you are trying to run a legitimate business. if you are only planning on selling a few things, having the buyer select the "gift" option will ensure that you do not incur any charges. However, it may be a bit harder to dispute fraudulent transactions this way, since paypal doesn't know that goods were exchanged for that "gift".

I just figure the 3% into the price when I sell something. I figure it's the cost of doing business, and I have a backup if the buyer starts a dispute.

B

I just figure the 3% into the price when I sell something. I figure it's the cost of doing business, and I have a backup if the buyer starts a dispute.

B

So I can do this with the basic account that I have now? I don't much care about the 3%, they are entitled to it for providing the service. I was just more interested in the mechanics. I assume I just provide the buyer with the email address and they log on and submit the $$.

Not sure about the basic account thing myself (I signed up on paypal to sell stuff a loonngg time ago). But either way, I believe you'll have to have a confirmed address to receive an actual check from paypal after the buyer pays or a confirmed bank account to receive direct deposits.

So I can do this with the basic account that I have now? I don't much care about the 3%, they are entitled to it for providing the service. I was just more interested in the mechanics. I assume I just provide the buyer with the email address and they log on and submit the $$.

i use paypal every online transaction that i can, it's saved me lots of trouble when transactions have gone sideways. you are correct, provide them your paypal email address and that's all they need to send you money. easy.

Back