Govt shutdown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a fed employee at work and we have no idea if we are going to be getting a pay check next payday. I will be brewing instead of working this weekend.

I work for a federal program, but we're still working and being paid, fortunately. Government shutting down is just a strange thing and doesn't make much sense. "Budget's due! Oh no! Let's shut the Government down!" Just sounds stupid.

Didn't mean to make a controversial thread. I am just lamenting that I brewed last Saturday and don't have room in the ferment chamber to brew again for two weeks and here I have time off with no distractions perfect for brewing. Much love to the Feds out there hopefully you can brew today to make the day better than it would be without.

I don't work for the fed but may be getting furloughed due to federal contracts being froze. if so i will be brewing a robust porter and a single hop (junga) apa.

I'm gonna work on a recipe for my next brew day: "Shut Down Ale".

High gravity, very sudsy, makes you disagree with others, doesn't fulfill.

:tank:

pb --- Maybe just call it, "Gov Beer"

Just a reminder that political comments are considered "unwelcome" in the brewing areas. There is a specific location for that sort of thing: The Debate Forum, which supporting members have access to. If you want to comment on the shutdown, please do so in the Debate Forum. If you want to comment on the shutdown and do not have a paid membership, you are out of luck, sorry.

Please reply with comments related to brewing during the shutdown.

I am furloughed, and brewed last weekend. Maybe I'll take my returnables back and roll some coins to brew again this week...Since I have nothing to do...

I haven't got the call yet as to my status, I am off today anyway.

Making sure the beer is in good shape for all the furloughed people who will be coming in today.

I expect to see a rise in sales for the month :)

I work for a government contractor but we won't be furloughed. We may not get paid for a while though... :tank:

Edit: paid by the government that is. I will still get paid

FedEx is a private company. Not controlled by the USPS. Same for UPS.

Usps is a completely private entity, it receives all of its funding internally, from postage, etc.

My parents both work for usps.

Whoops, looks l ike somone already addressed that.

I am aware of this. Post office is open for business today. They are an independent agency of the US goverment. They do not receive tax payer dollars.

Correct. Someone had mentioned something about their supply shop shipped via FedEx. It sounded like they were insinuating that FedEx was part of the govt.

I am aware of this. Post office is open for business today. They are an independent agency of the US goverment. They do not receive tax payer dollars.

:smack:

USPS is so poorly managed it doesn't make enough to cover itself and thereby does receive money from the .gov on a regular basis to maintain itself as an entity, although no longer part of the .gov it is indeed heavily funded by the .gov.

I probably just stepped out of bounds with that comment.

Back