Autosiphon didnt work, beer got airiated....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think I ruined this batch... Somehow the Auto-siphon didn't work, I think I used a different tube to attach to it that didn't fit snugly so I couldnt create a total seal to maintain the siphon. So instead of finding the other tube I manually pumped it into my cornie. There were a good deal of bubbles in the tube. Has anyone else had this issue in the past?

Its probably fine if its got the tiny bubbles.. Not ideal but definitely not ruined. I did that with my siphon thought it was broke till I put tighter hose on it. Lol

I've done the same with a couple batches. They turned out fine. I'm sure your will be delicious also.

Next time, try pouring some sanitized water on top of your plunger. It makes a great seal, no bubbles in. If a few drops of water seep in, no harm.

had this happen, caused me to have to buy another autosiphon as the first one did not make it through the flight across the kitchen

Invest in a hose clamp?=cheap or the right size tubing?=cheaper. I had issues when i tried to filter hops while siphoning had lots of bubbles the few batches this happened with me still -turned out normal and fine.

homebrewdad said:
Next time, try pouring some sanitized water on top of your plunger. It makes a great seal, no bubbles in. If a few drops of water seep in, no harm.

That's a good idea, I need to start doing that. I always have to pump the auto siphon a few times before I get a good flow. I should just pour a little star san solution into the top first.

That's a good idea, I need to start doing that. I always have to pump the auto siphon a few times before I get a good flow. I should just pour a little star san solution into the top first.

Yep. It's amazing the difference it makes. Autosiphons are awesome, but are notoriously leaky.

Latest posts

Back