Sam Smith Taddy Porter AG!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadShibbs

Reaction score
Been sampling every beer I can get my hands on in HI...Came across Taddy Porter about 6 months ago and I've been buying my local beer stop out ever since...Unfortunately, there seems to be quite a few recipes for a clone of Taddy, but I know someone out there has brewed a damn fine competitor...This will be my first porter, but I need a serious recipe here....any thoughts/ideas/recipes would be great...:tank:

I thought this was pretty close or spot on. The recipe is the same that is found in the book Brewing Classic Styles. The White Labs' Platinum strain wlp037 is supposedly from Samuel Smith and is coming out this fall/winter I believe. The recipe I have listed is 1.5 gallons so be sure to scale up and adjust for your system's efficiency. Can use Fuggles or any other english hop.

Thanks for the quick reply and recommendation on the WL037 strain, I had never heard of it...Sounds perfect for Taddy tho I just got a little more excited :) came across an ingredient in one of the recipes i saw, it calls for an addition of black treacle? Not at all familiar w/ this odd English delicacy....Correction: just solved my own question...in case anyone else was wondering here's the link...
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/treacle-v-molasses-10305/

Probably gonna try the treacle...:mug:

Back