iBrewMaster screwup!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cluckk

Reaction score
I usually time my brew with a simple kitchen timer. Today I decided to try the timers on my iBrewMaster app on my phone. I setup the batch and the timings. Come to find out, when the phone sleeps the timers stop. I checked it by setting the kitchen timer and starting both. When the kitchen timer went off I checked the app and it hadn't moved. I didn't pause the timer and I know it was running. So today I can just built to quantity and then 15 more for my hop additions. I am pissed!

Timers have always worked perfectly on my iPhone and iPad. I just tested it on my iPad and the timer continued to run in sleep mode.

I don't know what is happening. When I tested it the timer had barely moved in ten minutes. Next time I check and it ran steady from the previous check. Then third check 15 minutes later and it hadn't moved since the second check. I'm doing nothing different between them.

Never had a problem on my iPhone. 25+ brews so far. I've even had my battery die and when I charged it and it came back on a few minutes later, it was right on schedule.

I noticed that it appears to have stopped when you unsleep the iPhone but if you wait a couple seconds it starts corrects itself, it also alerts you with alarms when you have the phone in sleep. Beeps and vibrates. Never had any issues with it

Back