Blichmann Beer Gun accessory kits(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I got a beer gun from Christmas, but I'm looking at it, trying to figure out what I need and what I don't need.

AHS has two different accessory kits, while northernbrewer.com has one. I get that I need the black QD, some beer line, and some "fittings". Ok, I'll spend the $20 and get that, I guess. But then, on northernbrewer.com, it says: Also needed but not included is a T or Y adapter to split the gas line between the keg and the Beer Gun.

Now, I have a WYE already, going to a distributor on one side and a regular grey QD. What do I need to do, since I was planning on using the gas line that has the QD on it? Remove the QD? I'm just not seeing what I need to do.

Could you exchange/take it back for the Bowie Bottler? I've used both and there is no comparison. It's not that the BB is cheaper than the extra fittings you need. It's that it bottles better, easier and cleans in a flash. I'm not in any way affiliated with it, besides being a customer.

Could you exchange/take it back for the Bowie Bottler? I've used both and there is no comparison. It's not that the BB is cheaper than the extra fittings you need. It's that it bottles better, easier and cleans in a flash. I'm not in any way affiliated with it, besides being a customer.

I have the bowie bottler. I used it once, but since I have 525s, even with the "special" fitting, it was a HUGE mess and I have no interest in trying to deal with that. Also, sanitizing the faucet and all that was a pain for only bottling a 6 pack.

Anyway, I'm going to try to hook up the Beergun once I have everything I need!

Here's a quick video of the BBG.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-32bYTrb_HU]Using a Blichmann Beer Gun - YouTube[/ame]

The only advantage it has over the Bowie Bottle Filler with Irrenarzt compliment if if you are going to bottle a whole keg. For mass quantities, the BBG works very well and is fast if you have a friend capping.

Yoop, you only need the splitter to get CO2 to the gun and the keg you're filling from. If you have a splitter with an unused outlet - or even have an outlet you can "borrow" while you run the gun - you're good, you just need some gas line from the splitter to the gun...

Cheers!

Yoop, you only need the splitter to get CO2 to the gun and the keg you're filling from. If you have a splitter with an unused outlet - or even have an outlet you can "borrow" while you run the gun - you're good, you just need some gas line from the splitter to the gun...

Cheers!

Perfect- thanks!

Ed, I'm going to watch that video before I go to use it for the first time. Thank you for the link!

Back