OMG! If it only fit! Glass door cooler!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
So I have been on the lookout for a fridge to use in the basement to carb my kegs in. I have been looking but every time there is one for $50 or less it is 2 hrs away or more. Then this comes up in the classifieds today for $50! But it's 6ft tall 4.5 ft wide and 32" deep and there is no way it will fit in my basement :( I tried getting the GF to agree to put it in the kitchen but to no avail :cry: How awesome would that have been? Already says Cold Beer and everything!

680-fridge.jpg

Don't cry - odds are that $50 would be the first of many dollars flowing to keep that thing running.

Having said that - I'd love to have that in my garage, think the guy will deliver it to Portland OR.

No it's running it's at a curling club about an hour from me, they got a new one so they are selling this one. Put the taps thru the side.

No it's running it's at a curling club about an hour from me, they got a new one so they are selling this one. Put the taps thru the side.

I had a double door commercial freezer that was running fine when I bought it. Over the course of a year we spent a lot of time & money trying to track a tiny leak in the system. Never found it, threw a lot of cash at that POS.

"I swear, honey, I thought it would fit down those stairs! You know I'm not very good with visual-spacial stuff. Let's just keep it in the kitchen for now until I can figure out what to do with it."

Besides, she's a GF, not a wife. Odds are what, 50/50 you'll have the fridge longer than you'll have her?

My words exactly but she has already given me a bunch of room in the apt for my man spaces I didnt have the heart to push it.

buy it and bring it home. put it in the kitchen.

if she bolts it wasn't meant to be, if she stays she's a keeper.

just keep a close watch on your balls for a while after and hide any sharp objects.

Can it be disassembled in any way? You may just be able to break it down into a few smaller pieces, then reassemble in the basement.

Just a thought.

"I swear, honey, I thought it would fit down those stairs! You know I'm not very good with visual-spacial stuff. Let's just keep it in the kitchen for now until I can figure out what to do with it."

Besides, she's a GF, not a wife. Odds are what, 50/50 you'll have the fridge longer than you'll have her?

zing!

I've been eyeing those for a long time, $50 is a steal. It would make a perfect fermentation chamber for conicals, or build a platform and have to levels of carboys/buckets. They go for 600-800 around here.

Yeah, I saw a Pepsi one on CL locally for $750 today. I have seen them as cheap as $200, but never for $50.

Meh... Down is the EASY part. Try getting it back UP once you do!!

Back