10 year plan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avibayer

Reaction score
I will be applying to grad school in the fall, and my friend is leaving for med school in august. We have both been home brewing for a little while, and do nothing but talk about the brewpub we will open one day.

A friend of ours who is into marketing tried to seduce us into commercial brewing sooner than our plan. But it has got me thinking about what we would need way down the road.

If you could design a brewpub with no limitation on capitol (not that i have unlimited funds) what would you build?

If you could design a brewpub with no limitation on capitol (not that i have unlimited funds) what would you build?

I would build something fun to look at that was fully functional, with enough room to showcase the brewery aspect of it all, but still keep it a more modest place. A big glass wall with copper kettles, a line of stainless conicals perhaps on another wall... Of course, the design would all have to be functional, and I'd want the restaurant space to be incredible, too. I'd go mid-scale. Better than a Rock Bottom or one of those places. I would think dark wood, rich colors, a mounted deer head would be nice. Or maybe just my jackalope. It would all depend on location, but I would aim more towards classic, maybe craftman design rather than modern.

And we'd have 40 taps. 10 from the brewpub, 30 guest.

Unlimited funds?

Think Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens.. except maybe half the size and less on the stone walls, maybe some dark wood.

Perfect.

things i want: three dart boards with a dedicated space. I like lucky lab in portland oregon how they do that. I am really into steam punk, lots of copper piping and gauges everywhere (though my friend who i would one day be partners with is not a fan). Jackelobe just became a must. Does wall drug in SD have one? Maybe next to the jackalobe, a life size statue of yoda?

I kinda like beer gardens, but it might not fit the rest. I am not sure where i will be in ten years, though my buddy thinks we will be in new york. I want an old register.

I was thinking more like five taps of our own stuff, which would change monthly. And then maybe another 10 for guests (also rotating) and a tremendous bottle selection. I like the size of the dogfish head brewpub, but maybe a bit bigger. 7 bbl system?

Latest posts

Back