Woohoo! My 2nd brew is in primary!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubybrew

Reaction score
Brewed a NB Sierra Madre 1 Gallon extract kit the other day. I was a bit worried about the yeast. When I pitched it, the stuff just kinda sank and that was it for a day or two.

This morning I woke up to a nice thick,white fluff of krausen on the top!

I rigged up a blow off tube and have not noticed any bubbles at all. Most likely this is because the screw top to the 1 gallon bottle doesn't fit well. I secured it with some electrical tape, but my guess is that it's pretty leaky.

Two days to ramp up is going to introduce some off flavors, that's why most people have some dry yeast that they can use if it takes too long. "Some off flavors" means that some one who knows like a beer judge would be able to tell there is a problem. It doesn't mean that a normal brewer will be able to tell. So you should be good to go.

Good luck on your second brew. Im still working on my first. I think Im gonna buy another fermenter so I can get a few going at same time...

How do you like your 1 gal kit I debated getting that one?

Back