Canucks!, I need help finding a fridge.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_m_s_00

Reaction score
Ok, I live in Ottawa and cannot find a Sanyo fridge anywhere around here. Best Buy in Canada does not sell appliances and everything at sears seems to have a freezer in it.
I live in an apartment and I’d like to find something that looks good (Black or SS door, glass door etc) because it will end up in my living room. do you guys have any leads on big box stores or local shops that carry a Sanyo or another good countertop high fridge? (good for 2 kegs and a 5# tank I mean)

I bought the Sylvania from Canadian Tire and it's worked great (link in my sig). It needs a tiny bit of modification but I fit 2 ball lock kegs and a 5lbs C02 tank.

I'm not sure if they carry the Sylvania anymore, but there is a thread with a conversion of the Salton they carry now. It's a tighter fit but it still seems to work.

Look around in the paper for a used danby. They are pretty common. Most models will fit 2 kegs no problem. You may have to remove the door liner.

I'm using a danby wine fridge. No door liner as it has a see through door. I had to remove the temp lead from the back wall and put a small plastic washer between it and the wall since the temp controller would not go low enough since it was meant for wine temps. Once I did that I was fine.

EDIT: that sanyo at costco, is that the one that can hold three cornies?

Back