What is a great recipe for rootbeer i havnt found one

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twitches120695

Reaction score
I have tried a Root beer recipe using yeast sugar and extract... And water. It didn't work well I need the right ratios of sugar and extract and yeast if that matters. I'm trying to use two liter bottles.

My home made root beer recipe:
take a 6 cup of white sugar,3 gallons cold water and 2 ounce bottle root beer extract and some dry ice,yeast.All them are mix together ,dissolve sugar completely,add root beer extract,yeast and ice.
Put this mixture into jar and cover it with cloth at-least 2 hrs on cool place.

Which extract have you tried? I made some with the cheapest crap out there and it got great reviews last weekend. I didn't care for it and mean to try the sprecher and gnome brands next.

All of these brands can be mixed into 2L bottles. Just add water or extract to suit your taste.

mistygreen said:
My home made root beer recipe:
take a 6 cup of white sugar,3 gallons cold water and 2 ounce bottle root beer extract and some dry ice,yeast.All them are mix together ,dissolve sugar completely,add root beer extract,yeast and ice.
Put this mixture into jar and cover it with cloth at-least 2 hrs on cool place.

Doesn't dry ice kill the yeast? Yeast needs heat in order to work.

Back