MoreBeer.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:
So when I called customer service last Friday u assumed that the order would have been shipped then. Just got an email that is shipped today.

So it took 6 full business for them to ship my order.

If you order from more beer and want to get your supplies i would highly reccomend not taking advantage of their free shipping

So after one more complaint, they took care of me...finally. Shipped me out a free kit of my choice

Thanks more beer. That's a much better way to treat a customer.

Nice. I should have bitched more. Mine still isn't here. Maybe I'll send another email today.

I started a rant thread now it seems more appropriate to post it here. I will never shop More Beer again, I want so badly to like them but can't.

At least not until I have a grain mill. The reason is that their crush sucks. And not just a little bit. A lot.

I have purchased milled grain from at least a dozen different sources, and basically have my efficiency pegged at 70%. Brewmasters gets me 75%. I know my system very well. My process is 100% consistent. The MoreBeer crush gets me 40% efficiency.

I bought 20 lbs of 2-row from them a few months ago and noticed immediately that it didn't appear crushed. I sent an email and pics to them. They said it was crushed. I used it and got 40%. PISSED, I emailed them letting them know how poorly their grain did, and they were nice enough to give me a partial gift certificate.

I used that cert and 200 of my own dollars for a large order with them a few weeks ago. Today I made a porter with a 17 pound grain bill. Did everything exactly as usual. My OG came in at 1.038. I'm too pissed off right now to compute my efficiency, but it is probably around 35-40%. It's not even worth complaining... I've got 50 more pounds of grain from them I am going to have to crush elsewhere. And I am never going to shop with them again.

Anyway, pic #1 is the MoreBeer grain. Many whole kernels, you can feel them when you pinch the bag.
Pic #2 is Brewmasters warehouse grain crushed the way it ought to be

I hate rants but I am mad as hell right now.

image-3057236515.jpg

image-1519774043.jpg

received my more beer order today, 15 gallon pot W/s.s.ball valve with welded nipples. outstanding service from more beer. arrived in a reasonable amount of time, great price on a quality pot & nice lid too. packed secure in two boxes. the free shipping on $59.00 or more motivated me to include a 2000ML flask and a few other odds & ends. pot has 1.2mm thick sides with a 5mm encapsulated bottom of layered aluminum & s.s.

thanx more beer,

GD51:mug:

I had the free shipping , it wasnt bad after they actually shipped it , the order sat for 3 days according to their tracking spot , then they packed it for 4 or 5 days , then 7 or 8 days shipping , so counting weekends it was about 2.5 to 3 weeks before I got my stuff after ordering

Just recieved my first order from MoreBeer and was quite satisfied. It did seem a bit odd that their free shipping customers (who order $59 or more) have to wait several days for them to get around to shipping. But they did get the order right on and their prices can't be beat.

I brewed my first beer from one of their AG kits and it went together just as it should have. The instructions with their AG kits certainly aren't adequate for a first time brewer, but if you've done a couple AG brews the kit instructions work fine.

Will be very interested to see how this brew comes out of the bottle in a month or two, but the wort tastes great and so far, so good. I think it will be a good beer and well worth the modest cost. I will definitely add this vendor to my list of go-to places when I need supplies.

Just placed another order with MoreBeer. For the great price on the items I needed I just figured on them dragging their feet in getting my order on its way. Will see how this order works out before giving them a complete "thumbs up", but the way I see it, it's sort of like working with a mule...as long as you know you're working with a mule the only smart thing to do is to relax and don't expect him to move like a racehorse.

I get all of my kits from them. I typically order on a Friday and they get delivered the following Thursday or Friday. I have tried probably 15 of their kits and they're great. Unusually buy two kits at a time and it is usually right at the $59 free shipping mark.

...I meant I receive them the following Thursday or Friday. They usually ship them out after a three day wait.

I found myself in Riverside, CA and thought I'd stop in at Morebeer. What a great shop. Well stocked. I got there at 10:00 when I thought they opened, and there was already half a dozen people shopping inside. Even though it looked (to me) to be busy, the shopkeeper went out of his way to speak with me and make sure had found all that I needed. When he found out I was from Southern Orange County, he made small talk about a local camping area. He was very nice, and it was a pleasant change to shop at a LHBS were I didn't feel like I was intruding on someone's time. I wish it was closer (their prices are very good $32 for 50lbs of 2row). I have a LHBS within walking distance of my home and I have always wanted to like it, but it is pricey and unwelcoming. The next closest is in Fullerton and they are good guys also, but still a bit of a drive. Hats off to Morebeer!

It's hard not go to the Concord store sometimes even with closer LHBS. They are well stocked with most everything I would need, cheapest 2 row sacks around, and you can see the what they have online before you go.

FYI, their prices in store are the same for almost everything I've bought, so you are getting a heck of a deal with free shipping. Only reason I go and not have it shipped is to buy bulk 2 row.

Starting to not be as thrilled with MoreBeer. They are one of two local stores I frequent. Usually I buy everything at Morebeer and will drive quite a bit extra to do so. But recently, it seems they have hired some new guys that just don't know much about brewing. And the last several times I have gone in, they have left something out of the bag, or I have ended up with something defective. It seems that as they grow, the customer service has declined.

Starting to not be as thrilled with MoreBeer. They are one of two local stores I frequent. Usually I buy everything at Morebeer and will drive quite a bit extra to do so. But recently, it seems they have hired some new guys that just don't know much about brewing. And the last several times I have gone in, they have left something out of the bag, or I have ended up with something defective. It seems that as they grow, the customer service has declined.

There is one guy that really doesn't seem to know much about brewing. He's nice enough, but I tried to avoid asking him questions and go right to the guys I know know their stuff. Still, it's local and they always have everything I'm looking for for a recipe and it's always fresh.

Just ordered for the first time from these guys and have nothing but great things to say. Got my order shipped free from CA to PA in four days. Got enough ingredients for four batches for $60 which would have easily cost over $100 at my local shop after tax. Can't beat that.

I'm a big fan of them. My local guy is not very good and that sucks. His stuff is old and expensive. Other then him, I would have to drive 2 hours to Portland one way. That roun trip is more then shipping costs. So I usually fill up the cart enough to get the free shipping. Also, Chris graham has taken the time to personally email me about an issues I was having with their site on my iPad. Lots of friendly dialogue. They have my business for sure!

They have been nothing but nice and knowledgeable on the phone when I call. They helped my wife buy our first homebrew setup ... She knew nothing about homebrew but they spent probably an hour on the phone with her making sure she got what she needed.

I've ordered from them twice. A good experience both times.

BTW, their ESB kit recipe is delicious. I will be shamelessly duplicating it.

I've been ordering from Morebeer on my last 2-3 orders of specialty grains, yeast, etc. They have good pricing and free shipping is nice and makes them cheaper on heavy grain orders than the other guys.

Had a problem with a capper I ordered from them. Sent an email explaining the issue. They got back to me the next business day and directed me to their on-line return form. I completed the form and within 24 hours got a return FedEx shipping label. All communications from them were timely and pleasant.

I've always believed that it's reasonably easy to appear to be a good company as long as everything is going smoothly. It's when things don't go smoothly that you learn who the good companies really are. MoreBeer did a good job when things didn't go well.

I ordered a Speidel fermenter and some other supplies from them. Since the fermenters tend to get sold out quickly (and they seem to be the only shop that carries them), I liked the fact that they emailed me when they were back in stock. I will have to say, I was very impressed with their prices, service, and shipping. I also ordered some hops and grains as well. With free shipping, the prices are extremely competitive. Like the gentleman in Oregon, my local brew shop is not so great -- not really set up for an all-grain brewer (and I think that they make most of their money on the hydroponics side of the business, from what I can tell from the smell of the place). The closest real home brew shop is about an hour away. But I think that the prices at MoreBeer are a fair amount better.

No complaints here. I plan to order from them again.

Just wanted to say how great of an experience I've had with them so far.

I've ordered from them twice so far. Their shipping is RIDICULOUSLY fast. Including their free super saver shipping.

I know they are out of California so I am on the same side of the country as them (Seattle, WA). But still I am impressed with their speed.

My second order showed up with a 2lb bag of DME with a little hole in it so it had leaked it's sticky goodness everywhere inside of the box. I contacted MoreBeer Wednesday night around midnight and received a response from them mid morning. I had asked them to replace the bag and to send me a grain bag because I had forgotten to order two. They had it to me by today free of charge.

Great customer service, thank you so much Greg Longo!

I will continue to order from your website!

I really like their recipes.. not overly-complicated and they make great beers.

The Super Saver shipping helps me out so much since I have pretty much ZERO access to any LHBS... there just aren't enough brewers up here to support one.. one of our local stores sells a few things, but they carry mostly extract kits.

I've never had to use their customer service... I've ordered from them prolly 25-30 times and not once have they screwed up an order, nor has there been anything wrong with items they've shipped.

Can't say enough good things about them. Cheap, free shipping (over $59), quality ingredients, good service. I can't ask for too much more.

Wish I could support my LHBS instead of buying online, but it gets tiring giving money to people who act like they don't want to be there and don't care if I'm there or not.

I'm a big fan as well of Morebeer. I've done 4 orders with them total and the free shipping is awesome.

This thread made me go and look to see how many orders I've placed with them over the years. With my first in March 2008, I've placed 40 orders with them totaling $3,941.41 through May 2013.

Yeah, I'd say I'm a satisfied customer. :mug:

This thread made me go and look to see how many orders I've placed with them over the years. With my first in March 2008, I've placed 40 orders with them totaling $3,941.41 through May 2013.

Yeah, I'd say I'm a satisfied customer. :mug:

Jebus!

I guess I'm spoiled by having a B3 less than 5 miles from me (and it is between me and work) so stopping on my way home is a no brainer. Plus I can usually order online (for sales) and have them pull it for me at the local store until I get there in the afternoon.

Back