Brewing on my Birthday!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runyanka

Reaction score
Today is my birthday, so I decided to break a barrier, and step into the world of lagers. :ban: I started doing 10 gallon batches late last year, so I have a pretty healthy pipeline built up now. So I figured why not take the time to try a lager, and give it the proper time it needs to finish. I am brewing a munich hellas, and so far has gone well. Got about 40 minutes left of the 90 minute boil. :mug:

Nice... Happy dirt-day (as my niece said it early on)...

I plan to at least be able to brew lager's before the end of the year... I'll need to get that fermentation chamber built for it first. Which will require moving to a new place, that has the room for it (place is getting too tight)...

Post up your birthday brew recipe and let us know how it comes out... :rockin:

Well, you have a happy birthday!:mug:

Wouldn't it be cool to leave this batch lagering/conditioning until your next birthday?

Alright, so a quick update. Again, this is my first lager, so I don't know what to expect. I pitched a decent size starter in each of the 5 gallons (that was Wednesday). Today this is what it looks like:
709382368_photobucket_23721_.jpg

My question is, is this what lagers look like when fermenting, with a floating blob in the middle of the fermenter? Never seen this before in any of the ales I've brewed.

Back