Priming and Bottling Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inturnldemize

Reaction score
So after all the advice from this awesome forum, I decided not to rack to a secondary fermentor. Instead, this is the process I plan to use:

Step 1: Boil and cool my priming sugar, add it to my secondary (or bottling) container. In this case it is my glass carboy.
Step 2: Syphon the beer from my primary fermentor into the carboy and ultimately onto the priming sugar saolution.
Step 3: Stir up the beer a little to properly mix the priming sugar into the beer.
Step 4: Wait 30 minutes, then bottle the brew!

Does this make any sense or am I completely out to lunch here? Any thing that I can improve in my approach?

Well it´s always better to use a bottling bucket than a carboy for bottling or a fermentor with a spigot so you can attach your bottling wand. Another thing that I do instead of shacking the green beer to mix with the priming solution wich can cause a little oxidation is: put my cooled priming solution in my bottling bucket first, then when I´m racking y put the hose rigth by the edge of the bucket making the beer mix with the solution with a gentle whirlpool and making sure that I keep that hose 2 cm below the surface of the beer. I´m sorry about my english I hope this helps.

I've never waited for 30 minutes to bottle after batch priming. I've never actually seen that recommended either but I don't read EVERYTHING ;).

I see no reason to wait.

Back