The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Bird,

After your glowing reviews of Dale's Pale Ale I'm going to give it a second chance. I had tried it a while ago at a restaurant. I was expecting more. Although I just hooked up another two kegs to the keezer over the weekend I couldn't resist on my recent visit to Wegman's to pick up a six. More yard work = more beer.

Aaaah. Pork slap was right next to Dale's. I know I leave myself open to abuse but the only time I did have Dale's I think it may have been sitting in the ice cold chest with the other canned beverages. I actually like having hoppy beer a bit cold as it changes with the temperature in the mouth but the flavor wasn't there. It was light but hop flavor wasn't quite there and pale ale's to me always mean (whether american or english) some kind of malt plus a good flavor from the yeast. It just didn't have that undertone. It was only one tasting tho. As someone once said I blame the PID!

Well, it's not overly hopped, which is why I like it (when I want an IPA, I'll drink an IPA). It's also pretty clean, I don't remember much if any yeast character (it's an American Pale Ale, not a Brit). To each his own; I just think of it as clean, very balanced, very drinkable.

If I recall, I think I had Dale's on draft one night. It was ok, but a bit absent of character. An ok lawnmower beer to serve cold and drink up. Steel Rail is about as light an example I really enjoy for a pale ale. I was up in Bennington, at their brew pub, and tried their suckerpond. That was too light for me, and if I recall, similar in profile to Dale's.

I'm a fan of both. Although the pork slap is a farmhouse and more malty than the dales but dales has a cleaner finish. To each their own.

If I recall, I think I had Dale's on draft one night. It was ok, but a bit absent of character. An ok lawnmower beer to serve cold and drink up. Steel Rail is about as light an example I really enjoy for a pale ale. I was up in Bennington, at their brew pub, and tried their suckerpond. That was too light for me, and if I recall, similar in profile to Dale's.

Steel Rail has a weird flavor to it, at least the few times I've had it - almost vegetal, maybe? DMS-ey? Corn-ey? Just kind of odd, not as clean as Dale's.

I think I had the Sucker Pond pale ale once, a few years back; I remember not being impressed. More of a blond ale, IIRC. Madison's had been very hit-or-miss for me when I've gone there (probably not as often as I should, but I'm not in Bennington all that often). Had dinner up there with Melana a few years back, they had a really nice Belgian farmhouse ale (think it was a farmhouse). I've also had an absolutely atrocious maple porter that tasted just like fermented Aunt Jemima's. It's pretty much been 50/50, either really good or borderline undrinkable.

the_bird said:
"Oil Can" Boyd was smoking crack in 1986? Say it ain't so! Never would have thought that!

As someone in the EPSN comments section said, those "chicken & beer" Red Sox from last year were a bunch of pussies.

Searching the net early today! Slow start?

Last years season from our chicken & beer crew was week.

Also, Jabar Gaffney was inexplicably released by the Redskins yesterday. Wait for the Pats to sign him; Brady's called him the best third-receiver he's ever played with. Much better than Ocho or Donte Stallworth.

I'm fully expecting, though, the Pats are going to employ a new lineup next season. Tom Brady and ten receivers. Gronk will play left tackle, Hernandez will play right. Julian Edelman will be the center. Everyone else will line up wide. There's a reason they drafted that rugby player.

You have Pelvic Inflammatory Disease? You dirty Ho!

I never knew you could catch it from public toilet seats!

Drunken Celts update: Well the Dale's I had before wasn't even close to what I had last night. They either stored it wrong or way too long. Put it this way: no aroma at all, tone down the hops about 60% and it wasn't harsh but it wasn't smooth. Something like a separation between water and weak cascades tea p*ss. When I opened the can last night the aroma was really good. It was pretty hoppy but it gave it character and it was very smooooth. I'm now trying to remember the restaurant I got it at.

Oil Can Update: Did you hear the show long rant Felger & Mazz did on that Oil Can interview? Oil Can at one point said he use to hang around with murderers and drug dealers. That there was nothing wrong with them as people.

See, you believe me now?

Pretty sure that Dale's would be my desert-island beer, if I could only drink one particular beer for the rest of my life... I'd be happy with it.

Ah, man. He was one of my favorite players even before he came to New England. Absolutely tragic.

seAU.jpg

Here's a tragic question.

Why'd he shoot himself in the chest? If you want to kill yourself, you blow your brains out.

Unless you're desperate not only to off yourself, but maybe help save someone else?

Did he *not* shoot himself in the head so that they can autopsy his brain?

Hey Mikey,
Drunky and I did a tough 17 miles around the Wachusett Reservoir this evening. The hill coming out of Clinton alongside the dam would have cost me my lunch if I had eaten one.

Hills... I hate 'em, no matter if they are good for me. There will never be a polka dot jersey in my future.

I hate biking uphill! I really want to downhill this weekend at highland but it's looking like rain is going to screw me.

Do we have any downhill bikers on this forum? More importantly, here local that want to go downhill!

I've got an old Gary Fisher Joshua hanging in the garage. I used to take that down Killington and Waterville all the time. Haven't been on it for eva though.

homebeerbrewer said:
I'm not sure who Gary Fisher Joshua is (was?), but why did you hang him? And why is he still hanging in your garage?

Rick its the perfect little toy for you, a hard tail with a small shock upfront just for you.

Used to quite a bit but havent been on my bike in forever. Wouldn't mind getting back on my bike but the magic issue is always time. I don't have time to take a dump never mind getting back into downhilling. I have a pile of hobbies as it is.

Latest posts

Back