What beer must I try on my trip to Seattle this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BootstrapBill

Reaction score
The topic about says it. I am going house hunting in Seattle tomorrow through monday and wanted input on what beers I should try. Also for the wine snobs out there, what wines should I go with.

As far as wines go I would go check out the Woodinville area. In particular check out Airfield Estates. They have a tasting room in Woodinville, and I find their wines to be amazing!

Where beer is concerned check out Big E Ales up in the Lynnwood area. They have a small restaurant and bar right at their production facility. They have some delicious beer!

I will suggest Pike Brewery which is very close to pike market where they throw the fish around! And Elysian, amazing beers there as well! I had an amazing time at Pike Brewery, very cool brewpub with tons to look at, and the bartenders are a ton of fun, specially if your a homebrewer!

ELYSIAN FIELDS
Stadium District Brewpub
P 206 382 4498
542 1st Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104

Pike Brewery
1415 1st Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101,

I will suggest Pike Brewery which is very close to pike market where they throw the fish around! And Elysian, amazing beers there as well! I had an amazing time at Pike Brewery, very cool brewpub with tons to look at, and the bartenders are a ton of fun, specially if your a homebrewer!

ELYSIAN FIELDS
Stadium District Brewpub
P 206 382 4498
542 1st Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104

Pike Brewery
1415 1st Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101,

Agreed! Brewing Network is actually holding its event at the NHC this year at Elysian Brewing!

Elysian does make great beers. I have never been that happy with the experience at Elysian Fields.

There are tons of great places around the area depending on how far you can go and how much time you have. A couple of my favorites are:

Naked City Brewery and Tap house
8564 Greenwood Avenue North Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 838-6299

Black Raven Brewing
14679 Northeast 95th Street Redmond, WA 98052
(425) 881-3020

Have a great trip.

Alaskan brewing co. Distributes down there and I've liked all the beers I've tried from them.

Pyramid, Pike, Elysian, Mcmenamins and Naked City are all right near downtown Seattle. It would help to know what area your hunting in as there are a bunch of really good craft brewers around. For example The Harmon or E9 in Tacoma are both really good, there's Mac and Jacks and Red Hook are further north. Enjoy your trip :rockin:

Thanks for the replies. I am staying downtown but will be hunting in the queen anne district/fremont area, maybe as far north as shoreline.

If you want a bar in the Fremont area go to Brouwer's Cafe. They have the largest selection of bottled and draft beers that I have seen in the area, as well as quite a few different whiskeys.

From what i understand the Tap House has pretty good food. I have yet to make it there so that's just going off what i have been told. That being said, they do have an impressive beer list and might be worth it for that reason alone.

While in Fremont, check out Fremont Brewing, flip off Lenin, find the Troll and get a greasy bag of Dicks on your way back to where you're staying.

The tap house is an awesome place. I went to the one in Hawaii. 2 happy hours a day except Friday and Saturday.

Granville brewing co maple cream ale from Vancouver. Hopefully it's available! Broewers was great, tap house nice & the 1 elysian in particular (like 3-4 locations) does/did new belgium collabs that were a treat.

If you are in Fremont, definitely stop by the Fremont Brewery.
http://fremontbrewing.com/
It's a great little brewery with good beer.

Since you're in the general area, further South in SoDo (South Downtown) is the Georgetown Brewery. You'll see a lot of info about Manny's Pale Ale in the forums. It's about a 6 mile drive South from Fremont, but well worth the drive. Manny's Ale is reaching Mac and Jack's level of notoriety around here.

While in SoDo, also check out Two Beers breweing
http://www.twobeersbrewery.com/brewery

There are so many good micro breweries around here, you'd kick yourself for not checking some of them out while in town.

halesbrewery.com
www.bigtimebrewery.com
www.pyramidbrew.com (right next to Safeco Field)
www.pikebrewing.com
bigalbrewing.com

Theres an S-Ton of breweries up here. Elysian has 3 locations, so if you're worried about poor reviews of Elysian Fields, try the other two.

As far as specific beers to drink, Elysians Mens Room Red is really popular (and rightfully so). My personal local favorite is Iron Horse's Irish Death (an Imperial Sweet Stout).

I know its well out of the way, but if you like german beers, Chuckanut Brewery (in Bellingham, up north) won a handful of medals at last years Great American Beer Festival, including one for best small brewery. If you can find their stuff, its pretty great.

I'm not much of a fan of Fish Tail Ale from Olympia, though, or their sister brewery, Leavenworth Brewing. Avoid both, i say.

+1 for Fremont Brewing and Pike Brewing. Hales brewpub is also located next to Fremont in Ballard.

Also keep an eye out for Schooner Exact beers in the pubs around here. All very good beers.

If you end up in Everett... Scuttlebutts brewpub. Good beers and a great happy hour on the Everett waterfront.

Then there is Skookum a bit farther north.

Can't say I get out as much as I have a fridge full of beer, but those two are places I would still go to even with a fridge full of beer.

There are more GOOD breweries than you can count in the area. If I was there now I would see if Hales still has their Brown on tap. For my money the best Brown made.

Might faves:

Capital Hill Elysian - Great brewpub. Best food, beer, ambiance of any brewpub I think.

Stumbling Monk - Hole in the wall Belgian Beer bar. Awesome selection.

Brouwers - Probably one of the top 5 beer bars in the country. Great place to try local beers as well - http://www.brouwerscafe.com/draught.pdf

Naked City - Don the brewer is awesome. We recently did a collaboration beer with him and have two barrels that our brewclub bought, but live in his brewery and get filled with beers we brew with him. His beers are awesome, and his guest taps are world-class.

Pike - Get there for happy hour. Good prices and drinks and I particularly like the half priced nachos.

Collins Pub - Awesome tap list and fantastic food. Focus on local beers.

Tap House - I'd avoid it. Big commercial chain. Lots of taps, but 30% are ImBev, the good taps are often out, the lines are often dirty, and they'll frequently poor you the wrong beer. There are much better bars with much better selection.

Schooner Exact is pretty great. Pikes is also a good staple. There really are too many to name! Even my small little town of Poulsbo has 3 breweries. If you do any exploring, take the Bainbridge Island ferry and come to Poulsbo, Slippery Pig Brewery and Sound Brewery are both amazing.

Back