DIY Drip Trays - I call them "The Fellas"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Simple but should be effective. Now if only my faucets would show up.

PS - The phallic nature of the end product was not intended.

DripTrays.JPG

DripTrays1.JPG

DripTrays2.JPG

DripTrays3.JPG

BierMuncher said:
Don't know what it is...but my SWMBO seems a bit more beer-eager.....
My SWMBO is in favor of getting one of those. she said we could put it right by the dryer in the laundry room. LMFAO she was kidding.... wasent she:rolleyes:

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
DO the mouting screws screw in to the pipe coupler or are they just there to keep the strainers from sliding off?

My 4" three faucet tower is a ***** to find a drip tray for. So these will do the trick.

No, they're strickly for appearance. They and the strainers are held down with a couple drops of superglue.

Thinking it over, I could have glued some sort of plastic cleat inside the edge of the PVC and then used those to drive the screws into. I'll have to see how the superglue performs.

Yeah, drip trays are rediculously expensive. For the past three weeks, everything I looked at when at the hardware store...I tried to figure a way to turn it into a drip tray.

homebrewer_99 said:
I have to tip my Wiezen glasses out from under the taps now.

The Shirrons have a longer beak than other faucets.

It is a good idea, but I can't use it without getting a taller tap.

You could cut the couplers in half or just by soome 4" pvc pipe and cut to length.

Is your tower just made from ABS as well? Good idea. It looks shiny and spiffy in the picture though... much nicer than the sewer pipe in the hardware store.. did you have to polish it?

Keegan

PS: Please don't post pictures of you polishing your tower.

mrkeeg said:
Is your tower just made from ABS as well? Good idea. It looks shiny and spiffy in the picture though... much nicer than the sewer pipe in the hardware store.. did you have to polish it?

Keegan

PS: Please don't post pictures of you polishing your tower.
Just plain old PVC. The trick was to get a high gloss laquer made for plastic. Lowes carries it and it worked well.

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
You could cut the couplers in half or just by soome 4" pvc pipe and cut to length.

Actually I did cut the couplers in half, just shy of the inner ridge. That ridge is what the plastic caps attach to, to make the bottom. I wanted to go a bit shorter...but I just didn't want my fingers any closer to the chop saw than they already were.

Here's mine. I used a 4" drain stuck into a 4" end cap. Then took some carbon looking adhesive film I had laying around and covered it. I need to paint the inside balck so the white doesn't show. Should have done that first but I was impatient. lol

I discovered the 4" drain when I couldn't find the darin covers you used. Damn home depot didn't carry them.

2186-driptray004.jpg

2186-driptray010Small.jpg

Back