Westchester NY / Fairfield CT brewer's group???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe_in_CT

Reaction score
I was told that there is a group of beer and cider makers but I can't find anything ...

Is anyone aware of a group?

Just got cider from Beardsley on Sunday. Every year, on the first Sunday of November, the master cider-maker sells a blend of unpasteurized cider that is supposedly ideal for making hard cider. The types of apples that come into maturity in late October/early November are said to be the tastiest blend. From what I've heard, they also add quinces into the mix to up the acid content.

They are called the CT Yahoos. You just missed a cider event at Beardsley Mill in Shelton.

I found their website.

http://undergroundbrewers.org/index.php

I'll see if Beardsley can press me about ten gallons of cider apple juice.

I'm planning on grafting some french cider varieties in March. I'm not sure where they will end up being planted...

The owners are more than willing to cater to hard cider makers. They will surely give you some Unpasteurized cider.

Are you interested in selling any of these French cider apple trees? I have a postage stamp orchard and would love to add to the collection.

snip
Are you interested in selling any of these French cider apple trees? I have a postage stamp orchard and would love to add to the collection.

"We" are years from having trees, but when I can, I'd be happy to share the varieties that I might have.

My first attempts at scion grafting have been pretty successful but it requires patience.

Back