Quick question about control panel lights

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRems

Reaction score
Just a quick question, I have 3 22mm lights in the panel I'm building. One is 220v for main power indicator and the other 2 are 110v for designating which emement is on. They are all LED lights. They don't have any markings on them as to which wire goes where. I know in dc applications LEDs will only light if power + - is hooked up right. In AC current does it matter which of the 2 connectors on the light is hot or neutral? And for the 220 light I'm guessing it gets 2 hot wires and no neutral? Thanks

With the 110V LED switches I have it does not matter which is hot or nuetral. Some need a resistor to drop voltage. Post a link or Pic. 220V IDK but sounds right.

The same thing applies for the 220v version, there is no polarity on those LEDs. I have 220v LEDs in my system and they work fine. I even use them on the 120v circuit for my pump. They are just a little dimmer on the 120v power.

Agree, doesn't matter, as long as your in parallel, the LEDs will shine, I don't recommend running them in series with anything, kinda sad looking.

I wired it up like I had originally planned and it all worked out, thanks.

Latest posts

Back