just getting started.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mulligan77

Reaction score
Just getting started with home brews, I have absoulty no experience. Any suggestions with any good books out there?

I've never bought a book on homebrewing but I did read some of Palmer's book online (which got unnecessarily technical if you ask me). The rest I learned from this and other online forums. HBT is a great resource. If you use it, you will learn to make great beer. I know this from experience as I have brewed 90+ batches of delicious beer thus far.Good luck and happy brewing. It is a great hobby.

Also look in the book reviews section of this forum, it has other books that talk about brewing and probably will tell you waht they are about.

I'd rate palmer's up there with joy of homebrew by papazani - but it has the advantage that there is a free version of it on line if you google how to brew.

I'll third Palmers book and after reading it I suggest you download all of the brewstrong podcasts from the brewing network. JZ and Palmer host and they are a wealth of info on each aspect of brewing. Between those two and an 'internship' brewing your own beer you'll be in great shape!

I say check out the beginner's section and read through the stickies at the top. Stikies in any section are a good idea to check out. What is nice about this hobby is that you can make it as simple or as complex as you like. (Most of us here seem to like to try to ice skate uphill!)

Another tip is check Craig's list for equipment I have got the best deals from CL. As a rule I find that as I slowly buy equipment when it ios cheap it costs much less than I need "X" item tomorrow. YMMV.

So listen to SWMBO and RDWHAHB! :mug:

Welcome to the addiction!

Back