• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Giving away old faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pheboglobi

Reaction score
GONE!

I have 3 faucets to give away to anyone who wants them, rather tossing them into a recycling bin. I just bought three new ones on special, so I have no need of them any longer.

They come from a kegerator that I am fixing up, and I won't lie to you, the previous owner didn't take very good care of them. My guess is that at least one can be frankesteined back together... possibly two. I've cleaned them up as best as possible... but they'll need another wash likely.

They look like these:
Austin Homebrew Supply

Contact me at garrettmsmith [at] mac [period] com if you want them or have any questions. I'm near Culver City in Los Angeles, if you stop by and have a look.

Your title is kind of misleading. Are they for sale, or are you giving them away? If it's the latter, good for you. I think someone could use what you have to get started. Make sure to warn them about the dangers of rear sealing taps.

I'd love one if there are any left. What are the dangers of rear sealing taps? I'm just now making a minor move towards a bit of kegging.

Your title is kind of misleading. Are they for sale, or are you giving them away?

The classified section makes you choose a prefix before it allows you to post, and my only other choice from "For Sale" is "Sold". So I chose the least confusing one... ;)

Anyway, someone in WA wants them, no takers in LA...

The classified section makes you choose a prefix before it allows you to post, and my only other choice from "For Sale" is "Sold". So I chose the least confusing one... ;)

Anyway, someone in WA wants them, no takers in LA...

Ah. I didn't know that. Anyway, good for you for passing on your unwanted equipment. You'll get some good karma for that.

I'd love one if there are any left. What are the dangers of rear sealing taps? I'm just now making a minor move towards a bit of kegging.

Welcome to HBT! Rear sealing taps take extra care and caution because they have a tendency to stick. In the open position. Many people still use them with good success but they're not as care free as the forward sealing faucets.

Back