CFC and Beer Line Cleaner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
Should you use Beer Line Cleaner in a CFC? I fear an infection in my IPA and am thinking this may be the culprit. And/or stretching the limits of my racking hoses.

With my CFC I'll run hot vinegar thru it if I haven't used it in a while. I use a funnel. Then flush it with hot water.
I tilt it on an axis to run all the water out.
Run sanitizer thru it (Idopher) A couple times or cap it once I have a solid stream with the funnel still full. Drain it with 15 min or so left in the boil, run the sanitizer out, then hook it up.
Let the hot wort flow thru a little before I turn the chilling water on.

No issues yet.

I rinse mine when I am done..then on brew day...run hot water and oxyclean through it...let it sit for 30 min or so..then run star san through it right before i use it..had no issues at all

Cleaning immediately after use is key, as well as running all the water out. Things don't grow so well without moisture.

I have been running 3 gallons of boiling water thru mine while I'm mashing. I have not had any problems so far. Not to say that's the right way but it seems to be working for me.

Back