I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan,
I have been playing guitar for around 8 years now and that is awesome finger picking for someone who in only 8 weeks in, not to mention the fact that she can already sing and play. Whether it becomes a life long passion or is just a emotional outlet you should in courage her, she has some real musical talent.

I agree Alker. I do encourage her, you bet! Only 8 weeks in she is pretty darn good.

She has never had a "traditional" music class of any sort. The last few months she's been watching some YouTube tutorials and practicing quite a bit.

I believe playing music is going to be her lifelong passion and emotional outlet. I can't think of any better way.

Of course, this is her dad talking and bias is normal. :mug:

Dan said:
A melody for you.

My daughter has been playing a guitar for around 8 weeks now. I think she plays well and sings nicely. (Of course I do, she is my daughter) She has no interest in becoming a music artist. Music is her Pressure Relief Valve.

My daughter, I love her.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX9h9CHhmjg

Very nice! Thank you for sharing.

Dan said:
Hey, Snaps! I have a temp controller, a ten pound bag of two row, a package of Notty, and a few ounces of specialty grain that I've yet to find anybody interested around here to buy. The stuff has to go one way or another cause I'm almost out of here.

Will trade for one of your brews.

:mug:
Dan

That sounds like a heck of a deal to me! I happen to have a few on tap that I could bottle up and a few stores away for rainy days. I do believe I'll put your name on them.

Watching my daughter play. It's pretty easy to hear when she does wrong. But have you ever played a musical instrument? That is a question I ask myself before I critique her. This young girl has been playing for 8 weeks. Her life is school, study, guitar and sleep. At night she sometimes goes to a girlfriend's house and they play the guitar and chill. Ahh to be young. Here's M again.

Please enjoy the music. I'm trying to learn to play one song. It isn't as easy as it looks! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I kegged two batches so now my keezer is back to serving as a server instead of fermenting chamber :) But I'm thinking of brewing tomorrow (a Amarillo SMaSH). Then I have to choose between my coolbrew bag and ice - bit of a pain and less control, or making room in the keezer again. I feel happy to finally have one chest freezer, but man I sure would like two. I have two temp controllers, but no room.

Dan, your new riddle (riddle thread) is very different. I keep thinking your dog is the answer, but I haven't figured out the question yet. Hope all the prep for the move is going smooth this weekend.

Hey LRB! Thanks for the nice words. Not sure that riddle is in any standard format. Not even sure what I was asking? Maybe stating something. Be cool to get some answer but I don't know if there is one.

I've had it with the moving thing. Called Goodwill to donate the rest of the stuff around here.

It's pretty easy to get caught up in materialistic possessions and to be honest I'm' caught up in it. But in the end it just doesn't really matter.

Peace

Dan

We have got some darn fine mods here on HBT. I try really hard to not jump down people's throats when they have the nerve to be wrong on the internet while I'm drunk, but every once in a while, it happens and I stop being a grown up. I know when it happens and I appreciate a wrist slap instead of a beat down. :D

Not sure what you're talking about specifically, TNGabe but I know what you mean.

I have gotten a little out of hand before and had stern slap on the wrist as opposed to outright banning. I respect that. I think the Mods here are very reasonable. It's a sign of the honesty and respect they give us. Probably because that is how this site is. Dignity and Respect. Sort of our unwritten code. Sometimes we get out of hand and it's handled well. Continual abusers will be dealt with. I'm not a Mod so don't know how many people they have to ban but I'm guessing it's a pretty small percentage and after more than a few warnings.

The riddle LRB mentioned. It's not a riddle that should have been put on the riddle thread. It's not a riddle in the traditional terms(?)s of that thread.

Just me really, trying to be all thoughtful and poetic. :eek:

I get this way at times.

By-the-way. D Dawg, Dasher Brown, Prancer, Dasher D. He's my buddy. A little big Dawg.

What’s going down my Dasher Brown?
The world we live in deserves no crown
Lately here in the USA
People are mixed up I’d have to say
Neither you nor I understand all the hate
Racism, insecurity, and bias makes one want to retaliate.
That’s not the right answer, my young dog Prancer
I worry sometimes about the world we live in
For you D Dawg it’s a world you've forgiven
I know of another world, without racism and hate
It is one where we encourage each other to be great
Okay, maybe not every day
Even in a blood family there are a few bad days

But what makes people strong is this:

Love each other and treat each other well
Dasher D, If we all lived that; life would be swell
D Dog, when you look at a person you see no color, gender or race
All you know is to give love and grace
If the world we live in had an outlook like a dog,
it would bring us out of this hateful fog.
Loving goodness would abound
Peace and love would be spread around.

Dan,

You wouldn't happen to have a twin mattress would you? Just got an antique day bed for the 18mo old.

The riddle LRB mentioned. It's not a riddle that should have been put on the riddle thread. It's not a riddle in the traditional terms(?)s of that thread.

I get this way at times.

By-the-way. D Dawg, Dasher Brown, Prancer, Dasher D. He's my buddy. A little big Dawg.

Lately here in the USA

I wish I could edit images well. After this, your avatar needs a banDana (I was thinking blue, but if you're a Cryp don't shoot me up) and crossed arms. WORD!

Dan,

You wouldn't happen to have a twin mattress would you? Just got an antique day bed for the 18mo old.

Possibly. I sold my bed to a neighbor. They loaned me two twin "bunkbed" mattresses. I doubt they want them back. I'll give you both but not till end of August.

I wish I could edit images well. After this, your avatar needs a banDana (I was thinking blue, but if you're a Cryp don't shoot me up) and crossed arms. WORD!

You lost me.

You lost me.

I was thinking mid 80s Rap. A couple more beers, I might fire up the video on my phone and upload Gabe raps Dasher Brown Vol 1,

I tell ya'll i got some dang good cast iron today? Still trying to learn the ins and outs of what I can flip right away, but selling junk is fascinating.

Drinking a growler labeled "some sort of cider". I know it was made in the last two years. Very good. I wish I had notes, but I can't match it to my brew logs. Probably made on a misc. Friday night when I was bored.

One of the most unique and delicious beers I ever made resembles that loss. I've never been able to re-create it. Lost the notes. I feel for you LabRat.

selling junk is fascinating.

I love selling junk. Looking for junk to sell, figure out what's worth money and what isn't. Good stuff to know. And heck I'm just looking around the family property for stuff to sell. Even had the metal detector out, digging up old homesteads.

Hey, TNGabe, I'll be in Tennessee for the 6th Annual Middle Tenn. Cub Fest. Crossville, August 16th and 17th, open invitation, public is welcome. Hubby and I are bringing a trailer of junk to sell. These guys trade, buy, and sell anything metal and rusty, tractor parts and implements are just some of the rusty things they collect and sell. At least holler at me if you come across farm related stuff, I might know a buyer if you find some good stuff. Consider yourself invited. And hey, there are always the same group of guys drinking beer in the parking area. Anyone is welcome to come over to talk and have a beer. :) fun times.

Dan, that's the cutest dog I have ever seen! I'm am so happy to hear the renters will assume custody and quarentine him for you! I once had to leave a dog at the vet for 14 days due to quarentine, he bit my bratty neice, my dog never was the same after that, the experience scared the crap out of him. So glad your little pooch will not be traumitized by the situation, he'll get to stay "home", and then when he does leave, he'll get to be with you. And he will stay a happy dog! :fro:

Dan, that's the cutest dog I have ever seen! I'm am so happy to hear the renters will assume custody and quarentine him for you! I once had to leave a dog at the vet for 14 days due to quarentine, he bit my bratty neice, my dog never was the same after that, the experience scared the crap out of him. So glad your little pooch will not be traumitized by the situation, he'll get to stay "home", and then when he does leave, he'll get to be with you. And he will stay a happy dog! :fro:

Hey Sis, just reading about your upcoming trip. Sounds great! Thank you for the good wishes for Dasher Dawg. He is a good pup.

This is how I build up my post count here, by separating my thoughts into multiple posts. Everyone out and about this fine Saturday night?

The rain here came back yesterday, this time heading the opposite direction, we fear it will bring just as much rain as we've already had, but this time, headed the opposite direction. Keep kicking myself for not having that ark built yet.

So last night hubby says "Why are you holding back things from me?" or something along those lines. Because there were a couple things I had not told him about. Well, I was going to tell him, but it was "need to know basis". Anyway, I couldn't say any of that to him so I just said, "You didn't ask." How would I have any idea which things he wants to know about? Sit here and tell him everything, in case there is something in there he must know about? He would tell me to please stop rambling and rambling on and on!!!

Making my own beer. It make me feel closer to my father, plus it saves me a ton of money. My father brewed his own for half of his life. He make me promise once that if I decide to be someone that drinks, to drink beer (not whiskey or hard stuff) and make it myself. I ignored that advice for a long time. Then I had my son and it started to make sense.

I don't drink the hard stuff anymore. (Although I still love that really good quality moonshine) I don't expect I will ever return to whiskey. Honestly, that stuff is really only enjoyable if you have the 18 year-old $90 a bottle + stuff anyways. Good quality beer is more satisfying than anything else. I cannot imagine ever purchasing a BMC beer again. It is very likely I will never purchase any again. I take this a step further too. I refuse to purchase beer owned in any part by that "One" company. You know the one I'm talking about. That one that bought out Bud.....yeah that one. In most stores, it isn't possible to buy anything that isn't owned in part by that company. I won't do it. I saw on TV how they attacked a certain small craft brewery for using the word "pumpkin" in the name of their beer. Really? That did it for me. To hell with them and their beers. I refuse to support them with one red cent of my money. I hate bullies. So screw them.

But yeah, I brew like my father now and his father before him. I drink better beer than 99.9% of the people in my community and its a family tradition I'm proud of. I still buy beer on occasion. And when I do, I'm always supporting a small brewery somewhere out there in the wasteland of the American dream.

I had heard the term Sharknado before, but didn't know what it really was all about until mcbaumannerb provided the video trailer. What...the...f&%k...? I thought it had to be something more complicated than that, but no...they made a movie by dumping CGI sharks into a CGI tornado.

Are you ****ting me? Is this what passes for movie entertainment now? I need more beer.
Don't we all?

This is something else that passes for a movie these days. Though it can also be played as a game. :)

That may be the greatest movie since Sharktopus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U87zVkIXNI0
That's so horrible it approaches greatness.

I get this way at times.

Lately here in the USA

Dawn, lights our horizons. Blinded we are, and singing requia for the night. At noon, light fills our world. We seek shade, mourning the cool of the dawn. Twilight cools our brow and eases the eye. We build fires, feeling the cold and lamenting the noon. Blackest night covers the worries of the day under it's blanket of darkness and silence. We light candles, speak loudly to each other, and covet the last light of twilight.

What is man but an animal who always desires what is has not? Yet if we were not so, how many things would our world lack? If we were not so, would we be so distressed by the lack?

Drinking a growler labeled "some sort of cider". I know it was made in the last two years. Very good. I wish I had notes, but I can't match it to my brew logs. Probably made on a misc. Friday night when I was bored.
Reminds me of the black cherry wine.

This is how I build up my post count here, by separating my thoughts into multiple posts. Everyone out and about this fine Saturday night?
I think only people with lives go out Saturday night. I'm not sure though, never had one myself. :)

So, tonight's brew wont be a SMaSh more a SMaMH? I picked some fresh hops and for unexplained (read drinking) reasons, I added a handful to the mash (BIAB version of FWH). Plus since I have 5# of blema I threw in about 56g of belma. However, all the late additions will be Amarillo (plus the remainder of the fresh hops. Here's pics:

20130720_200252.jpg

20130720_204137.jpg

20130720_204050.jpg

What about the movies ThanksKilling and ThanksKilling 3? Seriously, you cannot mention truly bad movies with giving these two a mention.

However, I really enjoyed ThanksKilling 1. The best scene in the whole movie is at the kitchen table. Watch it and you'll know what I'm talking about. It's so bad, its great.

I truly understand this is not the country thread. Maybe I'm just what my wife says.. an April child Bull Taurus, born in 1964, the year of the Chinese dragon. Put the two together and I'm a bull dragon.

I am pretty stubborn I suppose. Some say stubbornness is a sign of ignorance. I wouldn't necessarily agree with that but I'm not really strong as a Bull or scary as a dragon. That's superstitious BS.

I'd like to send a song or two that is probably not the norm here on this thread and would be better played on the country thread.

This is my #1 Favorite song by Waylon Jennings. First off his voice is just heart wrenching to me, secondly he talks to his wife and his un-ending love for her. I think he talks of his own humble weakness and love for his Amanda.

I love that voice. Love that song. I miss Classic Country AM 1270.

Let me know whenever on the mattresses.

Hope you like Black IPA.

I bottled up 8 bombers of my Scotch Barrel Black Imperial IPA, and some Blueberry-Pomegranate Cider. Found a few bottles of Bitter Bourbon Barrel Porter and a Punkin' Pie Barleywine.

So I'll get you one or two of each.

I love that voice. Love that song. I miss Classic Country AM 1270.

Let me know whenever on the mattresses.

Hope you like Black IPA.

I bottled up 8 bombers of my Scotch Barrel Black Imperial IPA, and some Blueberry-Pomegranate Cider. Found a few bottles of Bitter Bourbon Barrel Porter and a Punkin' Pie Barleywine.

So I'll get you one or two of each.

that sounds great, Brother.

Gonna put up some more JC. Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson were a pretty good pair. Not a whole lot of people know that a few songs JC made famous were written by Kris Kristofferson. Johnny Cash sings it better, but it was Kris's song.

I love selling junk. Looking for junk to sell, figure out what's worth money and what isn't. Good stuff to know. And heck I'm just looking around the family property for stuff to sell. Even had the metal detector out, digging up old homesteads.

Hey, TNGabe, I'll be in Tennessee for the 6th Annual Middle Tenn. Cub Fest. Crossville, August 16th and 17th, open invitation, public is welcome. Hubby and I are bringing a trailer of junk to sell. These guys trade, buy, and sell anything metal and rusty, tractor parts and implements are just some of the rusty things they collect and sell. At least holler at me if you come across farm related stuff, I might know a buyer if you find some good stuff. Consider yourself invited. And hey, there are always the same group of guys drinking beer in the parking area. Anyone is welcome to come over to talk and have a beer. :) fun times.

Is that the same weekend as 'The World's Longest Yard Sale'? I think it is! My in-laws go every year and I think my wife and I are going over for at least a day trip. It will be fun to meet up for a beer or three if we can.:mug:

Is that the same weekend as 'The World's Longest Yard Sale'? I think it is! My in-laws go every year and I think my wife and I are going over for at least a day trip. It will be fun to meet up for a beer or three if we can.:mug:

Same location, but different dates. Worlds longest yard sale is the first weekend in August. But still think about going to the tractor thing! Lots of nice people, family event, food, fun....

Hello friends!

I hope you're all doing well and enjoying this Sunday evening.

Stay young!
[ame]http://youtu.be/anlz3EuuhWo[/ame]

Hi Stauffbier,

Do you have a thread for your keezer build (I assume that is your's in your avatar).

Thx.

Howdy!

It is indeed my keezer. I never got around to making a thread. I have various photos of the project I can inbox you if you like.

So, I was going to make some simple syrup today. Poured the sugar and water into the pot, turned on the heat. Went to get my citric acid powder. Couldn't find it. Came back, stirred the pot. Hmm, it's brown now. Not scorched much, but it's light carmel syrup now. :p

Latest posts

Back