Thoughts on a wine fridge ferm chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've looked at those at home depot/lowes a few times, they look pretty awesome but are kinda expensive when new. If I remember correctly, the one i saw at HD would be big enough for a 5 gallon carboy. As long as you verify the internal dimensions will work for you, I'd say go for it!

Buy a small chest freezer, it will be cheaper and more efficient. unless you are wanting the appeal factor of being able to see your fermentation occurring thru the glass door.

My biggest issue is actually space. I don't have room for a chest freezer, unless I want it right next to my couch, which is less than ideal. I was thinking about a smaller standup freezer, because I would be able to squeeze it into my bedroom without much problem.

I think I am going to swing out and take a 6 gal and 5 gal carboy and see if they fit.

Also, I have a friend that uses something similar, but I wanted some advice on it.

Back