What do you drive?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS w/ 5 speed.

photo.php

I have a beard. I am an engineer. I don't sniff my airlocks. 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

My daily: '10 jetta sportwagon tdi
Weekend vehicle: '84 K10 stepside (300k miles)
SWMBO: '07 tahoe

One trend that I see with the cars posted by homebrewers is that they are practical and/or fun to drive, but not flashy yuppy cars. IMO.

No beard, engineer, and love sniffing my airlocks. :ban:

used to drive this until some idiot backed into me at a light and totaled it (1997 Honda Prelude)
Lude18.jpg

So i went out and bought this for my daily driver (2003 IS300)
DSC_0029copy.jpg

wife drives a 2011 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring which sits in the garage the majority of the time since she works from home.

'98 Taurus dubbed the White Whale. Got it for $400 three years ago in great shape. Not really a car guy.

I ride this to work, 1979 BMW R80.
And then drive/operate this at work, 2010 Pierce Contender.
I also have a 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 long bed crew cab that I drive when the weather is really bad.

102_3174.jpg

102_3175.jpg

005-2.jpg

This pic is old, but pretty much the same just did some under the hood upgrades and cleaning since this was taken.

DSC00113.jpg

Just a mock up for the camera.

2003, Honda Civic Si
WashedCar.jpg

Engine: K20a3 185k+ 5w30, Poly MM(60a), AEM V2 intake
Exhaust: Comptech header, Random Tech CatCon
Sways:[22mm ITR sway rear]
Struts: [KYB Front] [Tokico D-Specs Rear]
Wheels: Konig MegaRace 15"x6.5, Bridgestone HP550 195/60r15

It's my fun econobox Daily Driver! All this and 29mpg. :) (and a quart a oil every month)

1980 VW Rabbit Pickup. 1.5l NA Diesel, 4 Speed, gets 40 MPG and will do 75 on the highway barring any hills.

img4411c.jpg

Oh, and I ride the 2004 SV1000S. Got 3, 40l hardbags for it for touring!

dsc07629x.jpg

Winter/Snowstorm/Towing Wheels: 2000 Tundra SR5, V6, 5 Speed manual, 4x4. Might be unloading it soon.

5334489267_582646202f_z.jpg

I have a 2k GMC Sonoma. 2 wheel drive. Bought it new. Still runs somehow. Just junked our Craplier 02 and got a 07 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport. Feelin high class now. We live on a hill so the all-wheel will come in handy this winter.

I drive a work van LOL. But don't mess with my 73 Camaro. For my other daily drivers I have a 96 chevy pickem up and a 98 nissan altima both right around 300k miles. I get the most out my cars.

Gduck said:
2011 Toyota Tacoma. My second Tacoma, my third truck overall.

same. '11 Tacoma, second tacoma, third truck overall.

I'm an engineer that has definitely sniffed my share of airlocks.

Have a beard. I'm a programmer, so not a true engineer, but I definitely sniff my airlocks!

Drove an '07 Jetta until my wife (fiancee at the time) desperately needed a new car. So we traded both our cars in for matching Hyundai Santa Fes. They were brand new on the lot but were two years old so we got a great deal.

I miss driving a stick something awful (had three Jettas total - a '90 coupe, and a '96 in addition to the '07) - all sticks. But at least the Santa Fes have manumatic!

I ride this to work, 1979 BMW R80.
And then drive/operate this at work, 2010 Pierce Contender.
I also have a 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 long bed crew cab that I drive when the weather is really bad.

Nice BMW! I own a 1975 R90/6. They are such well made and nice to drive bikes!

summer fun car: 1980 RX-7 71k miles. bought it with 31k on it.

but daily either the girlfriends 99 nissan altima or their 99 ford expedition

Finally got rid of the 99 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport that was limping along on it's last leg and picked up an 04 Pontiac Vibe (built on the Corolla platform) for the wife.

I recently gave away our second car that was given to me (00 dodge stratus ES) and am now in need of a vehicle for my new commute that starts in 2.5 weeks. I'm looking at some older Toyota 4x4 pickups. I do miss having a truck after selling mine 7 years ago...

doppelPrius family here. Never wanted a big car/truck and the only possible outcome (for me) of having a fast one is a lot of time spent messing with the law.

I drive a 2003 Honda Accord as my daily driver. I also have an 1983 CJ7.

I'm lucky to live in a town though where I can ride my bike most places including work. Though this Summer was trying with it being 112 outside.

neovox said:
'09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

It's great but I do miss my '00 Jeep Cherokee's inline 6.

Oh man, I miss my '98 Cherokee Inline 6. My new jeep is made out of 99% plastic.

maxam said:
Oh man, I miss my '98 Cherokee Inline 6. My new jeep is made out of 99% plastic.

Ha. Selling my 98 was one tough decision. I'd really like it b back....i loved that inline 6, could handle anything I threw at it.

Back