Stop using Irish Moss!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydric acid is fine, but you have to pH neutralize it with hydrogen hydroxide -- and that titration is a major pain.

I just use whichever of Plato's elements falls out of my faucet when I twist the handle. Usually it's not fire. ;)

OK, so IM is a flocculant which clumps and carries the bodies of our fallen yeast heroes to the bottom of the fermenter; thereby, clearing the wort/beer. As such, if it is working as intended, it will completely precipitate out of solution with nary a trace left in the finished beer. So toss-on fellow brewers, or maybe buy whirlflock or crash-cool as an alternative since IM isn't overly fantastic anyway.

We've all eaten enough food with high fructose corn syrup and aspartame and there's a healthy supply of fluoride in our water system. Compared to that garbage, Irish Moss ain't so bad. I think I'll take my chances ;)

Kinda like this one.....

pregnant.jpg

I think you should be worrying more about liver damage from the alcohol in the brew, then to worry about the trace of Irish Moss that is left in the finished homebrew product

Livers are overrated.

They are not overrated, actually... they are underrated!

They are tough and able to regenerate, if given a chance. So long as you don't overdrink, overeat, *and* get a liver virus your liver will probably tough it out a lot longer than that weakling organ called a "heart". Hmmph. ;)

Latest posts

Back