Summit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I got to try the IPA, the pale and the wheat this past weekend.

The extra pale was good, but odd. It had a really strange sweetness to it. I didn't get overloaded with it until after I drank a sip, and then the sweetness was all over the place. Lips, tongue, etc. Odd.

Anyone else had these?

Neither of those, as IPAs and Wheats aren't my favorites, but I do enjoy many Summit brews. I lived in a St. Paul burb for almost two years up until last summer. I especially enjoy their porter and maibock. Last summer was the first summer they had an amber, which was only available on tap in Twin Cities area bars, it was fantastic, I really hope they put it into bottles this summer. Also they have a good brewery tour with plenty of samples.

I'va had all of their beers. To me, the Extra Pale Ale is okay. I didn't note an overwhelming sweetness, but it's been awhile since I. They have better flavors to choose from, so I usually pass up their EPA. My favorites from Summit are their IPA, Maibock, Oktoberfest and their best beer IMHO, the Porter.

Latest posts

Back