Alaskan Winter and Bass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poindexter

Reaction score
Since I am giving so much homebrew away for Christmas this year I don't acutally have anything drinkable. I do have some of EWs Haus Pale that neds to bottle condition for another 10 days or so, but today:

Bass Pale Ale: not opened yet. Everytime I get all teary eyed about the Burton Union System I by another sixer. This is one of the beers I really want to like, have a lot of respect for, don't usually stock it.

Alaskan Winter Ale: This one has (according to www.alaskanbeer.com ) some Saaz hops for bittering, and some spruce tips. The first pour was great down to when the spruce tips finally came through, about 9 ozs in. Sort of Christams tree after taste. Since it is 6.4% ABV I guess I won't mind very long if I have a couple more.

I don't think I'll be buying any more of these, and I especially do not think I will be attempting a brew with spruce tips. I am sure the Alaskan brewery got lots of practice and tweaked the recipe may times before they scaled up the recipe.

I would try this brew again if there was snow on the ground, and I would be willing to have 1 or 2 if other people were going to be finishing out the sixer. Maybe ona ski trip in Wyoming? I got sun on the palm trees in Los Angeles right now. This was different. Not a bad beer, and different.

Latest posts

Back